ALLENDALE -- The Cardinal Indoor Track & Field teams hit the road on Friday for the first of two days competing at the 2019 GVSU Big Meet. Saginaw Valley posted a pair of provisional marks and a school record in the large meet with solid competition.
- Allison Dorr posted an NCAA Provisional mark in the 5,000 meter, finishing with a time of 16:53.60. That mark is a new school record in the event and an improvement on her provo time of 17:14.87 earlier this season in the GVSU Holiday Open.
- Jenna Keiser finished 14th in the mile run with her time of 5:00.48.
- The 4 x 400 meter relay team, consisting of Alona Olshevska, Andriana Higgins, Lauren Huebner and Jordan Harvey, finished 8th with their time of 3:52.14.
- In the shot put invite section, Alicia Aldrich took 8th place with her distance of 13.39 meters.
- Morgan Fuerst registered a time of 2:18.97 in the 800 meter run for the Cardinals.
- Travon Phillips posted a time of 6.88 in the 60 meter dash, registering a 4th place showing and an NCAA Provisional qualifying time.
- Tom Goforth had a time of 8:24.90 in the 3,000 meter run and posted a 15th place showing.
- Ryan Talbott was the top finisher in the mile, finishing with a time of 4:18.04.
- In the 5,000 meter run, Clyde Anderson crossed the line with a time of 14:51.17.
Saginaw Valley remains in Allendale and will take part in the second meet on Saturday. The first event is set to begin at 9:00 a.m.
@SVtfxc | #svsutrack | @svsuathletics | #BeaksUp
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---