UNIVERSITY CENTER — The SVSU Men's and Women's Track and Field teams hosted the Jet's Pizza Invitational Friday (Jan. 25) night and Saturday (Jan.26) afternoon. The Cardinals performed very well, with multiple athletes taking fifth place or higher in their respective events. This full list of results are below.
- Nick Endres competed in the weight throw competition, finishing in second place with a distance of 15.99m.
- In the pole vaulting competition, Jacob Kulhanek posted a height of 4.10m. He finished in third place.
- Brandon Keys finished his day with a fourth place finish in the long jump competition. He jumped 6.15m.
- Clyde Anderson III, Branden Bohling, Andrew Bond, Jordan Eisengruber, Owen Howard and Austen Mandernach, all competed in the 5,000m dash for the Cardinals. Mandernach was the top finisher with a time of 15:07.80. He finished in third place. Bond and Bohling followed closely behind in fourth and fifth place respectively.
Men's Sunday Results:
- In the 60m hurdles, Cordell Richardson recieved a third place finish after ending with a time of 8.90.
- Travon Phillips won the 60m dash with a 6.94 time.
- Juan Bowers won the 200m dash, running a 22.35, with Carter Eckhardt following closesly behind at 22.48.
- Jordan Walters took first in the men's 800m run. He ran a 1:54.44. Teammate Riley Feeney came in second, finishing less than a second behind Walters.
- In the one mile run, Tom Goforth finished in second place, running a 4:16.37.
- With a time of 8:49.19, Parker Eisengruber finished sixth in the 3000m run.
- In the 4x400 meter relay, SVSU's "A" team took first place running a 3:23.33.
- In the me's high jump competition, Jacob Netschke finished fourth with a final height of 1.88m.
Women's Saturday Results:
- Alicia Aldrich finished third in the weight throw for SVSU with a final distance of 14.90m. Emily Droski competed in the competition as well, finishing 10th.
- Ciera Weber, Kelsey Landra and Brooke Sutyak competed for SVSU in the pole vaulting competition. Weber and Sutyak finished the night clearing a height of 3.19m, while Landra posted a career best 3.04m.
- Donna Jean Eschenbacher finished fifth in the long jump competiton, with a finishing jump of 4.72m.
- Dominique Adams, Sophia Bradley, Kaitlyn Cavallo and Carissa Martin, all competed very well for SVSU in the 5,000m run. Bradley ended up in leading the team with a first place finish and a time of 17:57.78. The remaining runners finished respecticively: Adams (3rd), Cavallo (8th) and Martin (10th).
Women's Sunday Results:
- 60m Hurdles - Andriana Higgins won the 60m hurdles with a time of 8.92.
- 60m Dash - Higgins finished in second with a time of 7.78 and Huebner ran a 7.94.
- 200m Dash - Higgins won the 200m dash and tied the school record with her time of 24.99.
- 400m Dash - Huebner finished in second place with a time of 56.67.
- 800m - Syndey Kreger had the top finish for the Cardinals, running a 2:21.10. Jenna Keiser trailed right behind her, finishing in seventh place. Lauren Buckner finished the day in eighth place.
- Keiser won the women's one mile run with a time of 5:02.39.
- Allison Dorr finished in first as well in the 3000m run with a time of 9:59.23. She was almost 12 seconds faster then the rest of the competition.
- Bradley won the 5000m run with a time of 17:57.78. Adams finished in third.
- Higgins got to finish in third after a 10.59m
- Aldrich won the shot put competition with an NCAA Provo throw of 13.99m.
The team will take a week off of competing before they head across the state to the GVSU Big Meet. Events are set to begin at 10 a.m. on Feb. 8.
@SVtfxc | #svsutrack | @svsuathletics | #GoSVSU
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---