UNIVERSITY CENTER -- The Cardinal Indoor Track & Field programs hosted Davenport on Friday afternoon in the SVSU Classic, held in the SVSU Fieldhouse. Saginaw Valley posted several NCAA Provisional qualifying marks and many top finishers in its first competition after the winter break.
- Ryan Kelly posted an NCAA Provisional qualifying mark with his distance of 18.04 meters in the shot put. That mark is a new indoor school record as well.
- In the 60 meter dash finals, Jamelle Russell took 1st with a time of 6.94 while Travon Phillips was 2nd with his mark of 7.01 seconds.
- Juan Bowers claimed the top finish in the 200 meter dash with a time of 22.59. Russell was 2nd in that race, registering a time of 22.61.
- In the 400, Riley Freeney was 1st after running to a time of 51.25 seconds.
- The 600 meter run saw Carter Eckhardt and Keith Rodriguez finish 1st and 2nd with times of 1:23.44 and 1:24.40, respectively.
- Andrew Bond was the runner-up finisher in the mile, posting a time of 4:31.66. He was 2nd in the 3,000 meter runs as well (9:14.75), while Owen Howard was 3rd with his time of 9:16.27.
- Cordell Richardson was the lone competitor in the 60 hurdles and he posted a mark of 8.92 seconds.
- The 4 x 400 team of Eckhardt, Rodriguez, Richardson and Bowers finished 1st with a time of 3:25.89.
- William Kolcan finished 2nd in the high jump with a height of 1.78 meters.
- The pole vault saw Jacob Kulhanek and Sheldon Elkie compete, finishing 1st and 2nd with marks of 4.10 meters and 3.05 meters, respectively.
- In the triple jump, Brandon Keys was 2nd with his distance of 11.90 meters.
- Nicklas Endres was the 4th finisher in the weight throw, posting a distance of 15.72 meters.
- Alicia Aldrich registered an NCAA Provisional qualifying mark in the shot put, taking the top spot with a distance of 14.32 meters. She added a 2nd place showing in the weight throw with a distance of 15.04 meters. Teammate Lilian Francisco was 3rd in that event with a mark of 14.78 meters.
- Maegan Noble led a trio of Cardinals competing in the 60 meter finals with a fourth place finish, registering a time of 8.21.
- In the 200 meter dash, SVSU had the top three finishers. Alona Olshevska (26.11), Samantha Warren (26.91) and Jordan Harvey (27.13) took spots one through three, respectively.
- Jukaila Hill took 4th in the 400 meter dash, posting a mark of 1:04.06.
- Lauren Huebner took 1st in the 800 meter run. She crossed the line in a time of 2:21.44. Huebner added a 1st place showing in the long jump, leaping to a provisional mark of 5.67 meters.
- In the mile, Carissa Martin was 2nd with a time of 5:38.58 while Rebecca Estep was 4th with her time of 5:43.59.
- The 60 meter hurdles saw Andriana Higgins claim the top spot with her performance of 9.06 seconds. Higgins added a 2nd place showing in the triple jump (10.37m).
- The 4 x 400 relay team took 1st with a time of 4:12.38, as Olshevska, Harvey, Warren and Kelsey Landra contributed to that finish.
- Sarah Rezler was 2nd in the high jump with her height of 1.53 meters.
- In the pole vault, Ciera Weber and Brooke Sutyak claimed 3rd and 4th, respectively, with heights of 3.27 meters and 3.12 meters.
- In the shot put,
Saginaw Valley hosts the Doug Hansen Open on Friday, Jan. 18. The first event will begin at 2:30 p.m. at the SVSU Fieldhouse.
@SVtfxc | #svsutrack | @svsuathletics | #BeaksUp
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---