ALLENDALE — The SVSU Track and Field team finished competition at the Al Owen Classic. The men's team finished fifth overall, while the women took a 12th place finish. Here are the individual times and results below.
Day One Results:
- Lilian Francisco, a member of both the track and field team as well as the swim and dive team, finished the hammer throw with a distance of 32.37 meters.
- Taylor Lucas finished 12th in the women's triple jump competition with a 10 meter jump. Donna Jean Eschenbacher followed closely behind in 13th place at 9.83 meters.
- Nicklas Endres recorded a distance of 46.76 meters, finishing 13th, in the men's hammer throw.
- Noah VanderVeen had a first place finish in the men's triple jump competition with a 13.73 meters mark. That tops his old best mark of 13.37 meters in the event.
- Jonathan Johnson was close behind VanderVeen with a 13.14 meter total and a fifth place finish.
Day Two Results:
- Sam Warren took 12th in the women's 200m dash.
- Lauren Wellman notched a 31st place finish with a time of 1:04.84.
- In the women's 1500m race, Jenna Keiser ran a 4:51.14, finishing 22nd overall. Sydney Kreger followed closely behind, finishing 26th.
- During the 5000 meter run, Isabella Garcia ran a 18:56.11, followed by Kinzie Sikkema, with a time of 19:28.06. Lastly, Rebecca Estep finished with 19:42.26 and Madison Dean with a 20:12.71 in the same race. Kylie Sikkema added a 45th place finish, as well.
- Lauren Huebner took home third in the 400 meter hurdles with a NCAA provisional time of 1:02.00.
- Warren Huebner, Eschenbacher and Lucas took fifth in the women's 4x100.
- In the 4x400 relay, Sarah Rezler, Warren, Kreger and Wellman, finished 11th running a 4:14.69.
- Rezler finished sixth in the women's high jump competition with a jump of 1.55m. Jaden Liedel finished with a height of 1.45m.
- Brooke Sutyak added a finishing height of 3.11m.
- Eschenbacher finished 10th in the long jump competition finishing with 5.20m and 14th in the triple jump. Lucas finished 19th overall in the long jump and 12th in the triple jump.
- In the shot put competition, Francisco finished 19th with a 10.27m throw.
- In the men's 100 meter dash, Jamelle Russell finished with a time of 11.44, Johnathan Johnson, 11.71, followed by Vincent Fochesato, finishing 26th. Joe Thwing rounded out the SVSU runners in the 100m dash with a time of 12.03.
- Juan Bowers finished fourth in the men's 200m dash with a time of 21.97. Carter Eckhardt followed with a time of 22.16, finishing sixth. Russell recorded a 16th place finish, while Fochesato finished 32nd overall.
- VanderVeen finished ninth in the 400m dash with a time of 49.97. Travon Phillips finished 19th overall.
- Rob Roest notched a 4:21.81 time in the 1500m race.
- In the 5000m run, Tellis Donajkowski ran a 15:58.08.
- In the men's 400 hurdles, Andrew Mudd added a second place finish with a time of 53.67. Cordel Richardson finished 12th in the same race.
- Kavi Kulkarni ran a 10:57.61 in the 3000m steeple chase.
- In the men's 4x400 race, Saginaw Valley's A team finished first with a time of 3:16.78. Eckhardt, Black, Bowers, and Mudd, where on the team.
- In the men's high jump, VanderVeen notched a 2.08m provisional jump, finishing first overall. Johnson finished 10th.
- Kulhanek finished with a 4.21m in the men's pole vaulting competition.
- Black finished 10th in the men's long jump competition, finishing with a 6.35m distance. Thwing finished 26th overall.
- Black added a 20th place finish in the men's discus throw with a 35.36m throw.
- Endres finished 13th in the men's hammer throw with a 46.76m distance.
Overall Team Finishes
The women's team has finished 12th over 17 teams in attendance. The men's team finished fifth out of 25 teams at the Al Owen Classic.
On Thursday, the Cardinals will head over to Hillsdale College. They will host the three day Gina Relays. Follow online for recaps and highlights after each day of completed competitions.
@SVtfxc | #SVSUTF| @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU