In day the final of the competition at the Bryan Clay invitational, five Cardinal athletes participated in mid-distance races. At the opening day of the Al Owens Classic at Grand Valley State, five Cardinals participated in fielding and jumping competitions. Here are the results from these two races.
Times and Results for Bryan Clay Invitational:
- Morgan Fuerst had a new personal record set in the women's 1,500 meter race with a time of 4:41.22. She ran in the women's 800 meter race as well and finished with a time of 2:13.55.
- Alicia Tomlin also raced in the women's 1,500 meter race and posted a time of 4:45.879.
- Jordan Walters participated in the men's 800 meter, finishing in the top 60 with a time of 1:53.03.
- Parker Eisengruber notched a time of 3:51.27 in the men's 1,500 meter race. That was a new personal best in race for Eisengruber.
Times and results for Al Owens Classic
- Lilian Francisco, a member of both the track and field team as well as the swim and dive team, finished the hammer throw with a distance of 32.37 meters.
- Taylor Lucas finished 12th in the women's triple jump competition with a 10 meter jump. Donna Jean Eschenbacher followed closely behind in 13th place at 9.83 meters.
- Nicklas Endres recorded a distance of 46.76 meters, finishing 13th, in the men's hammer throw.
- Noah VanderVeen had a first place finish in the men's triple jump competition with a 13.73 meters mark. That tops his old best mark of 13.37 meters in the event.
- Jonathan Johnson was close behind VanderVeen with a 13.14 meter total and a fifth place finish.
The final day for the Al Owen Classic is Saturday (Apr. 21). Follow live stats at the links provided on the schedule page.
@SVtfxc | #SVSUTF| @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU