LOS ANGELES -- The Cardinal Track & Field teams had several individuals travel to compete in the Cal State LA Twilight Open on Thursday (Apr. 12), beginning the team's swing through the state of California for competition this weekend. Below is a list of the Cardinals' times and results in the week-opening meet.
- Lauren Huebner competed in the 100 meter hurdles, turning-in a 4th place finish with her time of 15.09 seconds.
- In the long jump, Donna Jean Eschenbacher finished 6th with a distance of 5.13 meters.
- The women's high jump saw Sarah Rezler finish in 3rd with a height of 1.49 meters. She also finished 8th in the 400 meter dash, crossing the line in a time of 1:05.01.
- Samantha Warren was 8th in the 100 meter dash, completing the race in a time of 12.89 seconds.
- The 4 x 100 meter relay team finished 3rd with a mark of 50.39 seconds.
- Noah VanderVeen leapt to a top finish in the high jump, finishing 1st with a height of 2.02 meters.
- Ryan Kelly was 1st in the shot put as well, tossing it a distance of 15.85 meters.
- Travon Phillips was the runner-up in the 200 meter dash, registering a time of 22.36 seconds. Teammates Carter Eckhardt (22.48) and Jamelle Russell (23.62) finished 4th and 14th, respectively, in the event as well.
- Keith Rodriguez was 3rd in the 400 meter dash, finishing with a mark of 51.62 seconds.
- In the 100 meter dash, Juan Bowers posted a 6th place finish with his time of 11.12 seconds.
- The 4 x 100 meter relay team was 2nd with their time of 41.50 seconds.
Saginaw Valley continues with action this weekend at the Bucknell Bison Classic and the Cerritos and Bryan Clay Invitationals in California.
@SVtfxc | #svsutrack | @svsuathletics | #GoSVSU
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---