EAST LANSING — The SVSU Track & Field team finished competition on Saturday (Apr. 7) at Michigan State University for the Auto Owners Insurance Spartan Invitational Track Meet. The Cardinals posted some solid performances in the meet in adverse conditions.
- Pole Vault - Brooke Sutyak finished 16th with a height of 3.05 meters.
- Triple Jump - Taylor Lucas was 8th in the event, leaping to a distance of 10.30 meters. The distance marks a personal best in the event for Lucas.
- Teammate Donna Jean Eschenbacher was right behind in 9th with a length of 9.99 meters.
- Triple Jump - Jonathan Johnson was 3rd in the event, jumping to a distance of 13.38 meters.
- In the same event, Noah VanderVeen was right behind in 4th with his number of 13.37 meters. That was a personal best for VanderVeen in the triple. He would claim 1st place in the high jump with a provisional qualifying height of 2.10 meters as well.
- Pole Vault - Sam Black posted a top-10 finish, finishing at the 10th place mark with a height of 4.48 meters. It marks a new personal best in the pole vault for Black.
- Teammate Jacob Kulhanek was 14th in the same event, posting a mark of 4.18 meters.
- Hammer - Nicklas Endres finished in 9th place after registering a mark of 47.00 meters. That was a personal best for Endres as well. He had a PR in the shot put too with a mark of 14.12 meters.
- 1,500 Meters / 800 Meters - Kinzie Sikkema claimed a pair of top finishes in her respective heats, posting the top spot in the 1,500 meter and 800 meter runs.
- 1,500 Meters - Allison Dorr win her heat in the 1,500 meter run as well.
- 1,500 Meters - Tellis Donajkowski claimed the top spot in his heat for the Cardinals.
- 1,500 Meters - Austen Mandernach won his heat in the race for SVSU.
- 400 Meters - Samantha Warren claimed the win in her heat of the 400.
@SVtfxc | #svsutrack | @svsuathletics | #GoSVSU