ALLENDALE, Mich. — The SVSU Men's and Women's Track and Field Team had multiple top ten finishes in the first day of the GLIAC Championships, with Lauren Huebner leading the way with a second place finish in the women's pentathlon.
- Huebner took home second place in the women's pentathalon, with a final score of 3542. During the high jump competition, she surpassed her previous personal record of 5'0 to 5'2''.
- Andrew Mudd posted a first place win in the men's 60 meter dash heptathlon and the men's lng jump heptathlon. He took second in the men's shot put heptathlon event and men's high jump heptathlon.
- Sam Black took first in the men's high jump heptathlon and second in the men's long jump heptathlon.
- Allison Dorr took a fifth place finish in the women's 5000 meter run.
- Tom Goforth notched a third place finish in the men's 5000 meter run with a time of 14:28.85. Nate Frasier followed closely behind in fourth.
- In the women's distance medley, the Saginaw Valley A team took a third place finish. They ran a 12:17.90.
- Saginaw Valley's A team for the men took a second place finish with a time of 9:53.66 in the distance medley.
- Sophomore Carter Eckhardt took fourth place in the men's 400 meter dash.
- DonnaJean Eschenbacher finished ninth in the women's long jump competition.
- Freshman Brooke Sutyak took fifth in the women's pole vault with a height of 3.27m.
- Andrew Mudd finished seventh in the men's long jump with a distance of 7.02m.
The track and field teams will finish the GLIAC championships on Sunday, Feb. 25, in Allendale, Mich.
@SVtfxc | #SVSUTF| @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU