ANN ARBOR — The SVSU Men's and Women's Track and Field team headed down the mitten to participate in the Michigan-Silverston Invitational Friday (Feb. 16) afternoon. The Cardinals had a good showing in Ann Arbor, posting several stellar finishes against top-notch competition.
- Morgan Fuerst finished seventh in the women 800m run with a time of 2:15.57, her college best time.
- Sam Warren set a new career-low time in the 200m dash with 26.52 seconds.
- Sydney Kreger and Jenna Keiser ran in the one mile race where Kreger finished 16th and Keiser came up right behind her with a 17th place fniish.
- In the women's 3000m, Carissa Martin placed eighth with a 11:17.65.
- Lauren Huebner participated in the women's 60 hurdles ad took fifth place with a flat time of 9.0 seconds, her collegiate best.
- Sarah Rezler notched a ninth place finish in the high jump competiton.
- Brooke Sutyak took 12th in the pole vaulting competition, jumping a 3-20.
- Rounding out the women's side of action was Donna Jean Eschenbacher, finishing eighth overall.
- Jamelle Russell finished 13th in the men's 60m dash with a time of 7.26 seconds.
- Juan Bowers notched a ninth place finish a time of 22:38.
- In the men's 400m finals, Dalton Hollandswroth finished 10th overall with a 15.51 seconds.
- Cordell Ricardson ran an 8.85 in the men's 60m hurdles.
- In the pole vaulting competition, jacob Kulhanek finished 11th overall.
- Senior Andrew Mudd took third until the men's long jump finals.
- Johnathan Johnson placed third in the triple jump finals with a height of 13.08m
- Ryan Kelley had an NCAA Provisional mark in the shot put, tossing it a distance of 16.46m.
The teams will return to action at the 2018 GLIAC Indoor Championships, which will take place Feb. 24-25 in Allendale, Michigan.
@SVtfxc | #svsutrack| @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU