Allendale, Mich. — The SVSU Track and Field team participated in the GVSU Big Meet - Day Two at Grand Valley State Saturday (Feb. 10) morning. Noah VanderVeen took home the only first place finish on the meet for the Cardinals in the men's high jump competition, which also went on to be his career-best jump.
Women's Track and Field Results
- In the women's 200 meter dash open, Lauren Huebner ran a 25.61 and took home a seventh place finish. Freshman Lauren Wellman also competed in the 200m and ran a 30.27, her college best time.
- Morgan Fuerst notched a seventeenth place finish in the women's 400 meter dash open with a time of 59.67.
- With a time of 2:22.93, freshman Jenna Keiser took twenty-first out of 67 competitors in the women's 800 meter run open. Keiser also ran her college best women's one mile run with a 5:24.50.
- Darby Meinecke, a junior runner for SVSU, ran a 10:39.98 in the women's 3000 meter run open, her college best time for this event. Rebecca Estep also participated in the event and ran an 11:43.18.
- Freshman Jaden Liedel jumped 1.38m in the women's high jump open, placing eighteenth.
- Brooke Sutyak is the only pole vaulter for SVSU at this meet and she earned a seventh place finish jumping a 3.27m, a new college best for the Cardinal.
- Donna Jean Eschenbacher participated in the women's long jump open and ended with a distance of 5.10m, her college best jump. Freshman Taylor Lucas also participated and cleared a 4.61m distance.
- Lucas took home an eleventh place finish in the women's triple jump open with a distance of 9.85m, her college best. Eschenbacher followed behind in twelfth place with a 9.83m jump.
Men's Track and Field Results
- For the men's side, junior Noah VanderVeen took home the only first place finish of the day for SVSU. VanderVeen hit a D2 Provisional height of 2.05m in the men's high jump open. This was his collegiate best jump.
- Sam Black followed behind with a height of 1.95m in the high jump competition. Black also took home an eighth place finish in the long jump open with a 6.47m distance.
- Ryan Kelly earned a third place finish in the men's shot put open with a distance of 16.52m, a D2 NCAA Provisional throw.
- Freshman Jonathan Johnson participated in the triple jump open and earned second place with his distance of 13.21m, his collegiate best.
- Jacob Kulhanek notched a 4.27m vault, earning himself the fourteenth place finish overall.
- Juan Bowers earned the top SVSU finish in the 400m dash with a 50.23 time.
- Jamelle Russell posted a 23.83 in the men's 200m dash open. Sophomore Vincent Fochesato followed closely behind with a 24.31 time.
- Sophomore Nick Plude notched a 1:58.01 time in the men's 800m run open. Keith Rodriguez ran a 2:01.23, less then half a second off of his college best time.
The SVSU Track and Field team will compete at the Michigan Silverston Invitational on Friday, Feb. 16. Times are to be annouced this week.
@SVtfxc | #SVSUTF| @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU