UNIVERSITY CENTER — The SVSU Track and Field team completed their final day of the Jet's Pizza Invitational on Saturday (Jan. 27) afternoon. The men posted five top ten finishes, while the women had two.
Inside the Events
- Noah VanderVeen tied for first place in the men's high jump competition with a final jump of 2.03 meters.
- Ryan Kelly earned a third place finish with a 16.98m throw in the men's shot put competition and earned an NCCA provosional.
- Jordan Walters took second in the men's 800 meter run with a 1:52.40 time, becoming provisionally NCAA nationals qualified.
- Parker Eisengruber ran an 8:16.78 in the men's 3000 meter run, earning a NCAA provisional. Nate Frasier finished sixth in the same race as well.
- Morgan Fuerst finished eigth in the women's 800 meter run with a time of 2:1723 in the finals.
- Allison Dorr took seventh in the women's 3000 meter run.
- The Saginaw Valley "B" team took seventh in the men's distance relay with Andrew Mudd, Juan Bowers, Keith Rodriguez and Noah VanderVeen rounding out lineup.
The SVSU Track and Field team will host the Northwood & Tiffin Triangular on Feb. 3 beginning at 10 a.m.
@SVtfxc | #SVSUTF| @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU