UNIVERSITY CENTER — The SVSU Track and Field team held their annual Jet's Pizza Invitational in the SVSU Fieldhouse beginning Friday (Jan. 26) afternoon. Lauren Huebner was the star of the show in tonight's action, winning the women's indoor pentathlon and earned herself an NCAA Provisional with the final score of 3,307. This is the first year she has competed in multis and only her second pentathlon ever.
- Huebner's top two events were the 800 meter run with a time of 2:22.33, a new SVSU Fieldhouse record for the pentathlon 800m and a second place finish in the long jump competition with a distance finish of 5.27m.
- Dominique Adams finished first in the women's 5000 meter run. She ran an 18:30.44. Carissa Martin finished seventh.
- Timmy Kimball notched a third place finish, running a 14:55.90 in the men's 5000 meter race. Kavi Kulkarni added a seventh place finish for the Cards as well.
- The Saginaw Valley "A" team consisting of Jenna Keiser, Lauren Wellman, Alicia Tomlin and Morgan Fuerst, finished second in the women's distance medley, running a 12:36.39.
- Travon Phillips did well in the prelims of the men's 60 meter dash, finishing third heading into tomorrow's finals with a time of 6.98.
- Brooke Sutyak finished eighth in the women's pole vaulting competition.
The teams will continue their respective races tomorrow and the men's pentathlon will finish tomorrow as well on day two (Jan. 27) of the Jet's Pizza Invitational. The meet is set to begin at 11 a.m. in the SVSU Fieldhouse.
@SVtfxc | #SVSUTF| @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU