UNIVERSITY CENTER — The SVSU Track and Field teams hosted the Doug Hansen Open Friday (Jan. 19) afternoon. With multiple top three finishes across the board for the Cardinals, Parker Eisengruber's first place finish was one for the books, as he set the new SVSU Fieldhouse record in the one mile run.
- Morgan Fuerst took second place in the women's one mile race with a time of 5:10.25. Fuerst posted a second place finish in the women's 400 meter dash, running a 1:03.45 in the finals, as well.
- Allison Dorr followed closely behind in third in the women's one mile and took a second place finish in the women's 3000 meter run with a 10:31.61 time.
- Paker Eisengruber placed first in the men's one mile after running a 4:10.84, a SVSU Fieldhouse new record. Nate Frasier and Tom Goforth took fifth and sixth, respectively.
- Lauren Huebner recorded a first place finish in the women's 60 meter hurdles race, running a 9.17.
- In the women's 60 meter dash, Sam Warren finished first with an 8:29 time followed by her teammate, Brooke Sutyak who ran an 8.46 in the finals. Warren also grabbed a second place finish in the women's 200 meter dash with a 26.69 time.
- During the women's 800 meter run, Saginaw Valley posted three in the top 10 with Maggie Pawelczyk leading the pack in second place, followed by Sydney Kreger in third and Darby Meinecke in eighth.
- Pawelczyk took third in the women's 3000 meter race, as well.
- Jordan Walters finished seventh in the men's 800 meter run.
- Carter Eckhardt took seventh in the men's 200 meter dash.
- Clyde Anderson posted a second place finish in the men's 3000 meter race, running an 8:40.74. Timmy Kimball finished fifth overall.
- Saginaw Valley's "C" team composed of Huebner, Sutyak, Warren and Sarah Rezler, finished first in the women's 4x400 meter relay.
- SVSU's "A" team finished first in the men's 4x400 meter relay. Eckhardt, Cordell Richardson, Juan Bowers and Keith Rodriquez were on this team.
- Ryan Kelly earned his NCAA Provisional with his second place finish in the men's shot put competition, throwing 16.72m.
- In the women's high jump, SVSU's Rezler posted a third place finish with 1.48m.
- The men's high jump posted Noah VanderVeeen tied for second place with 2.02m in the finals.
- Sutyak placed third in the women's pole vault competition, finishing with 3.19m.
- Jacob Kulhanek finished tied for fifth place in the men's pole vault.
- Huebner notched second place in the women's long jump competition, finishing with a 5:15m jump.
The SVSU Track and Field team will continue their home stretch and host the Jet's Pizza two-day Invitational in the SVSU Fieldhouse on Friday (Jan. 26) beginning at 2:30 p.m. and Saturday (Jan. 27) at 11:00 a.m.
@SVtfxc | #SVSUTF| @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU