UNIVERSITY CENTER — The Saginaw Valley State Men's and Women's Track and Field team will open up their 2017-18 indoor season at home this Friday (Dec. 1) hosting the Two-Day Holiday Classic beginning at 5 p.m.
Lauren Huebner and Mikayala Gean will lead off for the Cardinals on Friday in the Women's Pentathlon. This event will include: 60m hurdles, high jump, shot put, long jump and will finish off with the 800m run.
At 5:15 p.m., the men's team of three will start their first half of the Heptathlon. Sam Black, Andrew Mudd and Joseph Thwing, will complete in the 60m dash, long jump, shot put and high jump to round out the evenings events.
Saturday (Dec. 2) morning at 10 a.m. the men's multis will finish their Heptathlon with the 60m hurdles, pole vault and 1000m run.
With a rolling schedule beginning at noon for the field and running events, here is what Saturday afternoon will look like for SVSU lineup.
Order beginning at 12 p.m. for field events
3 Prelims - Top 9 to finals
- Women's High Jump — West Pit — Sarah Rezler
- Men's High Jump — East Pit — Sam Black and Noah VanderVeen
- Women's Long Jump — North Pit — n/a
- Men's Long Jump — South Pit — Jacob Netschke and Jullane Walker
- Women's Triple Jump — Donna Jean Eschenbacher, Taylor Lucas
- Men's Triple Jump — Jacob Netschke and Noah VanderVeen
- Women's Weight Throw — n/a
- Men's Weight Throw — Nicklas Endres and Matthew McGee
- Women's Pole Vault — Brooke Sutyak
- Men's Pole Vault — Jacob Kulhanek and Daniel Leone
- Women's Shot Put — n/a
- Men's Shot Put — Nick Endres and Matt McGee
Order beginning at 1 p.m. for running events
- Women's 5k — Allison Dorr, Sophia Bradley and Madison Dean
- Men's 5k — Clyde Anderson, Nate Frasier, Thomas Kean
- Women's 60m Hurdles — Andriana Higgins and Takia Bradley
- Men's 60m Hurdles — Zachary Townsend (Heat winner + next best times advance to 8 lane Final)
- Women's 60m Dash — Donna Jean Eschenbacher, Andriana Higgins, Taylor Lucas, Brooke Sutyak and Sam Warren
- Men's 60m Dash — Daizon Bennett, Noah Dooley, Vincent Fochesato, Daniel Leone, Brady Nowak, Travon Phillips, Jamelle Russell and Jullane Walker (Heat winner + next best times advance to 8 lane Final)
- Women's Mile — Sydney Kreger, Kinzie Sikkema and Kylie Sikkema
- Men's One Mile — Parker Eisengruber and Rob Roest
- Women's 400m Dash — Jukaila Hill
- Men's 400m Dash — Juan Bowers, Carter Eckhardt, Jared McLean and Cordell Richardson
- Women's 60m Hurdle Finals
- Men's 60m Hurdle Finals
- Women's 60m Dash Finals
- Men's 60m Dash Finals
- Women's 600m — n/a
- Men's 600m —Dalton Hollandsworth, Keith Rodriguez and Sheldon Wheeler Jr.
- Women's 800m — Jenna Keiser and Lauren Wellman
- Men's 800m — Jordan Walters and Riley Feeney
- Women's and Men's 200m — n/a
- Women's 3000m — Darby Meinecke, Rebecca Estep, Carissa Martin and Sydney Kreger
- Men's 3000m — n/a
- Women's 1600 - Relay — Morgan Fuerst, Takia Bradley, Jukaila Hill and Lauren Huebner
- Men's 1600 - Relay — A Team) Carter Eckhardt, Dalton Hollandsworth, Jordan Walters and Juan Bowers. B Team) Keith Rodriguez, Noah VanderVeen, Jared McLean and Sheldon Wheeler Jr..
Last Season at the Holiday Classic...
The Cardinals took home multiple first place awards including the 800 meter run where Walters earned first, recording a time of 1:53.17. Also, Saginaw Valley State posted four athletes provisionally qualifying for the NCAA Division II Championships.
@SVtfxc | #SVSUTF| @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU