ALLENDALE -- The Saginaw Valley Track & Field teams rounded-out competition at the 2017 GLIAC Outdoor Championships, which were held at the GVSU Track Stadium in Allendale, Michigan.
The SVSU men finished in 5th place overall after notching 66 points while the women finished 10th with 41 points.
- Sam Black was named the 2017 Field Athlete of the Year. He claimed the championship in the decathlon and added fourth place finishes in the high jump and javelin.
- Jullane Walker posted a podium finish in the 100 meter dash. He ended up 3rd in the 100 meter dash with his time of 10.45 seconds after registering the 9th-best mark in the prelims.
- Juan Bowers notched a point for the Cardinals in the 200 meter dash. Bowers crossed the line with a time of 21.79 seconds.
- Parker Eisengruber finished in 5th place in the 1,500 meter run. He clocked a time of 4:00.21 to collect points for Saginaw Valley.
- Tom Goforth was 4th in the 5,000 meter run after his showing of 14:35.49.
- The 4 x 100 meter relay team finished 8th with a time of 43.70. That team consisted of Carter Eckhardt, Keith Rodriguez, Dalton Hollandsworth and Logan Malone.
- The 4 x 400 meter relay team was 5th, with Rodriguez, Jordan Walters, Hollandsworth and Eckhardt teaming-up for those points.
- Ryan Kelly finished 5th in the shot put with his distance of 55' 4.25".
- Taylor Stepanski claimed a runner-up showing in the 1,500 meter run. She registered a time of 4:30.29, shaving-off 14 seconds from her prelims time.
- Lauren Huebner added a second place showing as well for SV in the 400 meter hurdles. Huebner posted a time of 1:01.38 in the finals.
- Lina Davis also scored for SV in the 400 hurdles, finishing with a time of 1:07.56 in 7th place.
- Stepanski and Morgan Fuerst finished 5th and 6th in the 800 meter run, turning in times of 2:14.11 and 2:14.40, respectively.
- Anna Fochesato was 4th in the triple jump, as she registered a distance of 39' 8.00".
The Cardinals will have a chance to participate in last chance meets in hopes of qualifying for the 2017 NCAA Division II National Championships, which are set to be held in Bradenton, Florida.
@svtfxc | #svsutrack | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---