HILLSDALE -- The Saginaw Valley State University Track & Field program had several student-athletes travel to compete at the Hillsdale College Gina Relays. Below are updates on the team's performances for the weekend at the event.
- Tom Goforth notched a 3rd place finish in the 5,000 meters championship flight, crossing the line in a provisional time of 14:24.29. Joey Southgate was 17th in the same race, finishing 17th with a time of 14:38.37.
- Parker Eisengruber was 11th in the 1,500 meters championship flight, finishing with a mark of 3:53.13 for his best mark.
- Nick Plude also ran in the 400 meters open, finishing with a time of 52.19 seconds.
- Morgan Fuerst and Brittany Johnson ran in the 800 meters open, with Fuerst finishing 5th with a time of 2:14.85 and Johnson at 19th with a mark of 2:19.75. Fuerst marked a personal best with her time.
- Allison Dorr was the top finisher for the women, with four Cardinals competing in the 5,000 meter run. She posted a time of 17:41.59 to finish 19th overall in the race.
- Darby Meinecke registered a personal best in the same race, crossing the line in a time of 18:32.83.
- Dominique Adams (18:31.56) and Sophia Bradley (19:06.53) also ran for SVSU in the 5,000 meters.
- Tristan Fackelman ran in the 10,000 meters, finishing with a time of 33:19.24 to finish 9th.
- Clyde Anderson also competed, posting a time of 15:11.68 in the 5,000 meters.
The Cardinals compete again on Saturday afternoon, with seven more student-athletes traveling to compete at Hillsdale.
@svtfxc | #svsutrack | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU