ALLENDALE, Mich. - The SVSU track & field team wrapped up another weekend of competition on Saturday, as the Cardinals traveled to GVSU for the Al Owens Open. SVSU set new personal bests in several events and also notched a provisional mark as well.
- Bria Williams set a new personal best in the 100 meter hurdles preliminaries. She posted a time of 14.82 seconds and qualified in fifth for the final. She placed seventh in that race.
- Anna Fochesato notched a third place finish in the triple jump by posting a distance of 38 feet and 1.5 inches. She also ended in a tie for seventh place in the high jump, leaping to a distance of 5 feet and one-half inch.
- A new personal best was set in the 800 meters by Lauren Huebner. She finish with the 11th-fastest time in the event, posting a 2:17.89.
- Christina Micale took fourth place for the Cardinals in the 3,000 meter Steeplechase with her time of 11:42.98.
- In the 100 meter finals, Domonique Smith went on to finish in seventh place with a time of 12.50 seconds.
- Additionally, Kimberly Balls competed for the Cardinals in the finals of the 400 meters, finishing in fifth with a time of 58.53 seconds.
- Ryan Kelly notched a provisional mark in the shot put, where he would take third place with his best throw of 53 feet and 7.75 inches. Kelly earned another top-ten finish, this time in the discus with a distance of 153 feet.
- Ben Morrow also represented the Cardinals well in the field events. Morrow took fourth place in the shot put, throwing 52 feet. He rounded out competition with a 9th place showing in discus.
- Codey Cook notched a first place result in the 3,000 meter Steeplechase. He finished in 9:40.26, a new personal best. The victory in the Steeplechase was his first at SVSU.
- A new personal best was set in the 400 meters, where Jordan Walters finished in seventh place with his top time of 49.61 seconds. Juan Bowers placed 13th in the event but set a new personal best in the same race, posting a time of 50.14.
- In the 1,500 meters, a new personal best was set by Rob Roest, who completed the race in 10th place with a time of 4:00.89.
- Sam Black rounded out the top performances at the Al Owens Open with his sixth place result in the long jump, leaping to a distance of 21 feet and 5.25 inches.
Saginaw Valley travels to Hillsdale, Mich. on Thursday (Apr. 27) to begin competition in the Hillsdale Gina Relays. The three-day event start time is set to be announced soon.
@svtfxc | #svsutrack | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU