BIG RAPIDS - The SVSU track & field teams traveled to Big Rapids on Saturday to compete in the Bulldog Invitational, hosted by Ferris State University. The Cardinals had plenty of impressive showings in the meet in their third weekend of outdoor season competition.
- Lauren Huebner claimed the top spot in the 400 hurdles, clocking-in with a time of 1:02.63. Lina Davis competed in the same event, posting a time of 1:09.06 to finish 5th.
- Anna Fochesato had a pair of top finishes, claiming a 2nd place showing of 11.33 meters in the triple jump while finishing 5th in the high jump with a height of 1.50 meters.
- Sydney Kreger was 3rd in the 800 meters and 5th in the 1,500 meters, posting times of 2:26.34 and 4:56.55, respectively.
- Morgan Fuerst was 2nd in the 400 meters, claiming the spot with a 58.62 seconds mark. She also finished 6th in the 200 meters with a 27.19 seconds time. Teammates Kimberly Balls (59.45) and Davis (1:02.50) were 4th and 8th in the 400 as well.
- Alicia Tomlin posted an 8th place finish in the 3,000 meters with her time of 10:54.76.
- Brady Watson landed a 1st place showing in the triple jump, posting a distance of 13.27 meters. He added a t-4 finish in the high jump, clearing the bar at 1.90 meters. He matched teammate Noah VanderVeen's mark in the high jump.
- VanderVeen also competed in the triple jump, finishing 5th with a distance of 11.92 meters.
- Tom Goforth cliamed victory in the 1,500 meters with his time of 3:5.85. Teammate Parker Eisengruber was 2nd in the same event, posting a mark of 3:55.41.
- Jullane Walker was 1st in the 100 meters, finishing with a time of 10.83 seconds. Vincent Fochesato was 8th in the same event, crossing the line in 11.96 seconds.
- Juan Bowers and Travon Phillips were 2nd and 5th, respectively, in the 200 meters. They finished with times of 22.58 and 23.18.
- Jordan Walters finished 3rd in the 400 meters, notching a time of 50.71 seconds.
- In the 800 meters, Ryan Silvestri was 3rd with a time of 2:00.51 while Dalton Hollandsworth (2:01.85) and Rob Roest (2:01.93) finished 6th and 7th, respectively.
- Ben Morrow finished 3rd in both the shot put and discus throw, posting a distance of 15.44 meters in the shot and 48.08 meters in the discus.
- Jacob Kulhanek notched a 3rd place finish in the pole vault with a height of 4.10 meters.
Saginaw Valley wil travel to compete in California this weekend in the Mount SAC Relays and also to the Hilsdale College Border Battle.
@svtfxc | #svsutrack | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU