LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The SVSU track & field teams rounded-out competition on Saturday (Apr. 1) at the two-day Bellarmine Invitational. It marked the second weekend of the 2017 outdoor season for the Cardinals.
- Jullane Walker had a second place finish in the 200 meters, posting a time of 21.68 seconds.
- In the men's 400 meters, Jordan Walters was 4th with his time of 50.32 seconds. Teammates Nick Plude and Sam Black were 7th and 8th, turning in times of 51.28 and 51.78, respectively.
- In a separate heat of the 400 meters, Dalton Hollandsworth was 3rd with his 50.38 time while Carter Eckhardt (5), Juan Bowers (6), Logan Malone (7), Keith Rodriguez (8) and Travon Phillips (9) rounded-out the top finishes.
- Walters finished 1st in the 800 meters, crossing the line with a time of 1:54.85. Plude and Blake Staffne were 4th and 5th in the same event, finishing with marks of 1:58.62 and 1:59.06, respectively.
- Eddie Komph was 1st in the 5,000 meters, finishing with a mark of 14:48.22. Joey Southgate was 2nd with his time of 14:50.92, with Timmy Kimball coming in at 3rd with his mark of 15:13.31.
- Joe Thwing finished 1st in the javelin throw, registering a distance of 45.62 meters.
- Ryan Kelly had a pair of top finishes, placing 2nd in the shot put with a mark of 15.42 meters and 4th in the discus with a distance of 44.12 meters.
- Brady Watson placed 4th in the triple jump, posting a distance of 13.01 meters.
- Black finished 2nd in the high jump, clearing the bar at a height of 1.96 meters.
- In the 3,000 steeplechase, Codey Cook finished 2nd with his 9:43.80 while teammate Kavi Kulkarni was 4th with a time of 10>12.79.
- The 4 x 400 meter relay team finished 2nd as well, crossing the line in a time of 3:21.39.
- Taylor Stepanski claimed a 1st place finish in the 1,500 meters, crossing the line in a time of 4:41.80. Teammates Morgan Fuerst and Brittany Johnson were 2nd and 3rd, registering times of 4:48.55 and 4:46.63, respectively. Allison Dorr was 5th with her 4:55.58 finish.
- Johnson added a 3rd place finish in the 800 meters with her time of 2:18.48.
- Kimberly Balls was third in the 400 meters, as she finished with a time of 58.81 seconds. McKenzie Smoyer finished 6th in the same race, posting a mark of 2:24.94.
- Domonique Adams and Sydney Kreger had solid showings in the 5,00 meters. Adams was 3rd with her showing of 17:58.19 while Kreger was 6th with her 18:42.90.
- In the 10K, Darby Meinecke was runner-up after her time of 39:53.08.
- The Cardinals had three runners inside the top-six of the 400 meters, led by Lauren Huebner's 2nd place showing of 1:02.68. Ce'Aira Richardson was 3rd (1:05.19) while Lina Davis (1:08.23) took 6th in the same race.
- Christina Micale worked to a 1st place finish in the 3,000 steeplechase. She posted a time of 11:41.55 in the event.
- Anna Fochesato had a pair of top finishes as well, finishing 2nd in the triple jump at 11.27 meters and 5th in the high jump, clearing the bar at 1.55 meters.
Saginaw Valley will travel to compete at the WKU Hilltopper Relays, which take place April 7-8 in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
@svtfxc | #svsutrack | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU