UNIVERSITY CENTER -- The SVSU Swimming & Diving teams rounded-out competition on Saturday (Feb. 22) at the 2020 GLIAC Championships, which were hosted by the Cardinals at the Gerstacker Regional Aquatic Center. The Cardinal men finished in fifth place with 268.5 points while the women finished sixth with 261 points.
- Erin McDowell finished 8th in the championship heat of the 200 backstroke, ending with a mark of 2:08.49.
- Sydney Shipps and Chelsea Fenton finished 11th and 12th in the 1,650 Freestyle event, turning in times of 17:52.32 and 17:55.35, respectively.
- Emma Cornell competed in the B Final of the 100 Free and finished 10th with a time of 52.97 seconds. She was the top finisher in the 200 breast as well with her mark of 2:25.78 for a 10th place showing.
- Pedro Rezende was 10th in the 1,650 Freestyle, touching the board in a time of 16:10.79.
- Jayden Hutchinson was in the B Final of the 100 Free and finished 15th with his time of 46.64 seconds.
- Tyler Overmyer finished 13th in the 200 backstroke with his time of 1:56.79.
- In the 200 breast, Juan-Luke Hamilton finished 9th with a mark of 2:05.76.
- The 400 Meter Relay team posted a time of 3:05.54 to claim a new record. That team consisted of Hutchinson, Kyle Amick, Stephen Sterlitz and Zachary Rychel.
The Cardinals have three divers who are set to compete in the NCAA Division II Dive-in Meet, as Justin Ott, Libby Caird and Megan LaFollette will represent Saginaw Valley in that meet. Stay tuned for more details.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---