UNIVERSITY CENTER -- The Cardinal Swimming & Diving teams continued on at the 2020 GLIAC Swimming & Diving Championships on Friday afternoon. Through 31 events, the SVSU Men are in fifth place with 212 points while the Women sit in the sixth spot with 189 points.
- Libby Caird had another impressive showing for the Cardinals in her diving event. She posted a 2nd place finish in the 1 meter diving event with a total of 417.25 points.
- Chelsea Fenton and Sydney Shipps competed in the B Final of the 500 Freestyle, finishing with times of 5:06.95 and 5:10.74 to place 10th and 15th, respectively.
- In the 100 Backstroke B Final, Chelsie Thomas finished 14th with her time of 58.46 seconds.
- The 100 Breaststroke saw Emma Cornell and Lisette Fenneuff finish in 11th and 15th with times of 1:06.82 and 1:08.32.
- Kimble Darbee finished in 15th place in the 200 Butterfly, touching the board in a final time of 2:13.13.
- Pedro Rezende and Isaac Inman were 11th and 12th in the 500 Freestyle, turning in times of 4:38.67 and 4:39.05 in the B Final.
- In the 100 Backstroke, Mason Hooker and Tyler Overmyer finished in 12th and 16th places, respectively, with times of 51.76 and 52.19.
- Juan-Luke Hamilton and Jared Caudill were 10th and 14th in the 100 Breaststroke with their performances of 58.07 and 59.17 seconds.
- In the 200 Butterfly, Evan Lindquist finished 10th with a time of 1:53.41 while Jayden Hutchinson was 13th with his mark of 1:53.87.
- The men's 800 Freestyle Relay team broke the program record as well, finishing with a time of 6:50.31. Jayden Hutchinson, William Ely, Inman and Zachary Rychel teamed-up for the new record.
The 2020 GLIAC Championships conclude on Saturday (Feb. 22) from the Gerstacker Regional Aquatic Center. The action begins once again at 10:00 a.m. with the day's prelims.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---