UNIVERSITY CENTER -- The SVSU Swimming & Diving team competed on day two of the 2020 GLIAC Swimming & Diving Championships, which are being hosted by the Cardinals at the Gerstacker Regional Aquatic Center. The second day of competition was highlighted by junior Justin Ott, who won the GLIAC Championship in the one meter diving event.
Through 20 events, the Cardinal men sit in fifth place with 146 points and the women are in sixth place with 119 points.
- Ott finished atop the final one meter dive rankings on Thursday, turning in a new program record of 470.95 points for the title.
- Evan Lindquist finished 6th in the 100 Butterfly, picking up 13 points with his time of 50.09 seconds in the A Final. Mason Hooker was in the B Final of the 100 Fly, turning in a time of 50.61 for six points.
- Jared Caudill finished 12th in the 400 IM, claiming five points in the B Final with a time of 4:09.42.
- In the 200 Free B Final, Jayden Hutchinson finished with a time of 1:43.48 for a pair of points.
- Tyler Overmyer, Juan-Luke Hamilton, Lindquist and Kyle Amick finished with a time of 3:25.71 in the 400 Medley Relay for 28 points.
- Kimble Darbee and Sarah Thompson each competed in the B Final of the 100 Butterfly, claiming four and three points with times of 59.18 and 59.21, respectively.
- Sydney Shipps competed in the B Final of the 200 Freestyle and picked up five points with her time of 1:54.72.
- The 400 Yard Medley Relay team of Erin McDowell, Lisette Fenneuff, Darbee and Emma Cornell finished with a time of 3:57.14 and collected 28 points.
The Cardinals return to the pool on Friday (Feb. 21), with prelims beginning at 10:00 a.m. from SVSU.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---