KENTWOOD, Mich. -- The Cardinal Swimming & Diving teams competed in the Davenport University Tri-Meet on Saturday (Jan. 25) afternoon, with the men facing Hope College and the women facing Hope and Davenport. The women split, defeating Hope 154-130 and falling to Davenport 199-96. The men went against only Hope and lost narrowly to them by a final count of 147-146.
- Chelsea Fenton took the top spot in the 1,000 free, turning in a time of 10:59.18.
- In the 100 back, Erin McDowell took 3rd after finishing with a time of 1:00.47.
- Natasha Girgen was 3rd in the 50 free, finishing with her final time of 25.79 seconds.
- Elizabeth Caird was 1st in the 1 meter diving event, as she turned in a total of 275.95 points. She earned the top spot in the 3 meter event as well with her mark of 284.10 points.
- In the 100 free, Emma Cornell was 2nd with her time of 54.64 seconds.
- McDowell was 3rd in the 200 back, finishing with her mark of 2:15.64.
- Cornell was 3rd in the 200 breast with her time of 2:33.16. Kimble Darbee was right behind in 4th, finishing with a time of 2:33.50.
- Chelsea Fenton finished 3rd in the 500 free with her mark of 5:28.42.
- Darbee was 3rd in her 100 fly race, finishing in a mark of 1:01.16.
- The 200 medley relay team of Tyler Overmyer, Juan-Luke Hamilton, Evan Lindquist and Kyle Amick had a 2nd place finish with their time of 1:37.49.
- Pedro Rezende had a 3rd place showing in the 1,000 free with a mark of 10:07.09.
- In the 200 free, Jayden Hutchinson and William Ely had top-three finishes, with Hutchinson runner-up at 1:47.39 and Ely 3rd at 1:47.59.
- Overmyer and Mason Hooker took 1st and 2nd in the 100 back, touching the board in times of 54.32 and 54.46 seconds.
- Hamilton was 1st in the 100 breast, finishing in a mark of 59.71 seconds.
- Lindquist and Ryan Langdon took 1st and 2nd places in the 200 fly race, finishing in times of 2:00.51 and 2:00.88, respectively.
- Amick took 1st place in the 50 free with his time of 21.69 seconds while Hamilton was 3rd with his mark of 21.84 seconds.
- Justin Ott took 1st in the 1 meter dive event, finishing with 262.30 points.
- In the 100 free, Amick and Hutchinson tied for 3rd place with a mark of 48.89 seconds.
- Overmyer took the top finish in the 200 back with his time of 2:03.86.
- Hamilton and Jared Caudill went 1-2 in the 200 breast, turning in times of 2:13.41 and 2:14.73, respectively.
- Isaac Inman was 2nd in the 500 free with his final time of 4:57.29.
- Lindquist and Hooker finished 1st and 2nd in the 100 fly with times of 52.72 seconds and 52.98 seconds.
- Caudill and Rezende finished 2nd and 3rd in the 400 IM, ending up with times of 4:25.12 and 4:32.09.
- In the 200 free relay, Stephen Sterlitz, Hutchinson, Langdon and Amick teamed-up for a 2nd place finish in a time of 1:27.46.
Saginaw Valley is back in action at the 2020 GLIAC Swimming & Diving Championships, which the Cardinals are set to host. The event will take place Feb. 19-22 at the Gerstacker Regional Aquatic Center.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---