CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ind. -- The Cardinal Swimming & Diving teams finished their competition at the Gail Moll Pebworth Invitational on Sunday (Nov. 24), which was hosted by Wabash College. The SVSU men finished in in fourth place with 1,669 points while the women were eighth with a total of 1,269.5 points.
- William Ely and Alexander Piper finished 7th and 8th in the 1,650 freestyle, posting times of 17:27.09 and 17:32.51, respectively.
- Evan Lindquist was 6th in the 100 IM with a time of 55.35 seconds while Tyler Overmyer was 8th with his time of 56.38.
- In the 100 freestyle, Kyle Amick finished 5th with a time of 47.29 seconds while Jayden Hutchinson was in 7th with a time of 47.71.
- Juan Luke-Hamilton ended up 7th in the 200 breaststroke with a mark of 2:09.80. Jared Caudill was the next finisher, coming in at 8th with a time of 2:11.18.
- The Cardinals had a 3rd place finish in the 400 freestyle relay, posting a final time of 3:08.28. Hamilton, Zachary Rychel, Amick and Hutchinson made-up that team for the event.
- Libby Caird won the 1 meter diving event with a meet record of 426.90 points. She was named the women's diving MVP of the meet after her performance with two victories and as many new meet record performances.
- Megan Lafollette finished 4th in the same event, posting a score of 387.00 points.
- In the 1,650 freestyle, Sydney Shipps was 4th with her time of 17:57.87.
- The Cardinals had three in the A finals of the 100 IM, with Lisette Fenneuff taking 2nd with a 1:00.96, Grace Cherryhomes 4th with her 1:01.79 and Sarah Thompson 8th with a mark of 1:03.70.
- Erin McDowell finished 5th in the 200 backstroke, registering a final time of 2:09.11.
- Fenneuff added a 7th place showing in the A finals of the 200 breaststroke, touching the board in a time of 2:28.58.
- In the 400 freestyle relay, SVSU had Fenneuff, McDowell, Natasha Girgen and Shipps team-up for a 6th place showing and a time of 3:37.43.
Saginaw Valley is off until Friday, January 10 when it hosts Wayne State University. The first event kicks-off at 5:00 p.m. at the Gerstacker Regional Aquatic Center for that meet.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---