CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ind. -- The Cardinal Swimming & Diving teams began their competition for the weekend on Friday (Nov. 22) at the Gail Moll Pebworth Invitational, hosted by Wabash College in Indiana.
After day one, the Cardinal men are in fourth place with 474.5 points while the women are eighth with 300. Here are the top performers from Friday's action...
- Kyle Amick, Parker Jones, Stephen Sterlitz and Juan-Luke Hamilton took 4th in the 200 freestyle relay with their time of 1:26.09.
- There were two guys who qualified for the A Final of the 500 freestyle, with Pedro Rezende (4:44.37) finishing 5th and Isaac Inman (4:46.36) 9th in the event.
- Jared Caudill finished in 8th place of the A Final of the 200 IM, rounding-out the event with his time of 1:58.87.
- Amick and Hamilton were both in the A Final of the 50 freestyle, with Amick posting a 6th place finish with a time of 21.51 and Hamilton 8th with his time of 21.64 seconds.
- Tyler Overmyer, Hamilton, Amick and Evan Lindquist were 6th in the 400 IM relay, finishing with a time of 3:31.90.
- Sydney Shipps qualified for the finals of the 500 freestyle relay and finished 9th in the A Final with a time of 5:18.46.
- In the 200 IM A Finals, Lisette Fenneuff was 7th with her mark of 2:12.59.
- Erin McDowell, Lisette Fenneuff, Kimble Darbee and Natasha Girgen finished 6th in the 400 medley relay, ending up with a time of 4:00.41.
Saginaw Valley continues on day two at Wabash on Saturday, with events beginning at 10:00 a.m.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---