UNIVERSITY CENTER -- The Cardinal Swimming & Diving teams hosted Northern Michigan University on Saturday (Nov. 2) morning at the Gerstacker Regional Aquatic Center. The Wildcats came out on top on both sides, with their men claiming a 183-99 win and their women a 189-88 victory over the Cardinals.
- Kyle Amick won the 50 freestyle, taking the top spot with his time of 21.60 seconds. He added a 3rd place finish in the 100 free, touching the board with a time of 48.03 seconds.
- The 400 Medley Relay team finished 2nd with a time of 3:38.60. Tyler Overmyer, Jared Caudill, Evan Lindquist and Amick teamed-up for that performance.
- Pedro Rezende finished 2nd in the 1,000 freestyle, registering a time of 10:01.65. He added a 2nd place showing in the 500 free with a mark of 4:53.01 and a 2nd in the 400 IM with a 4:26.87.
- Jayden Hutchinson was runner-up in the 200 freestyle, finishing with a mark of 1:45.46.
- Overmyer finished 3rd in the 100 free with his time of 54.56 seconds. He was 3rd in the 200 back as well with a mark of 2:04.02.
- Caudill was 2nd in the 100 breast with his mark of 1:03.23.
- In the 200 fly, Ryan Langdon was the top guy for the Cardinals with his time of 2:02.60. Brody Ross and Lindquist were right behind.
- Juan-Luke Hamilton and Caudill were 2nd and 3rd in the 200 breast, finishing with times of 2:15.01 and 2:19.25, respectively.
- Lindquist was 2nd in the 100 fly with his time of 52.03.
- The 200 freestyle relay finished 2nd with a time of 1:29.97, with Langdon, Zeke Ely, Zachary Rychel and Stephen Sterlitz teaming-up for the effort.
- The 400 Medley Relay team finished 2nd, as Erin McDowell, Lisette Fenneuff, Kimble Darbee and Natasha Girgen posted a time of 4:06.78.
- Girgen finished 2nd in the 200 freestyle with her time of 1:59.72. She added a 3rd place showing in the 200 butterfly with a performance of 2:21.13.
- In the 100 free, McDowell was 2nd after touching the board in a time of 1:00.59. She added a 2nd place finish in the 200 back with her time of 2:12.35.
- Fenneuff was 2nd in the 100 breaststroke with a time of 1:10.12.
- Hailey Stewart was 3rd in the 50 free with her time of 26.06 seconds.
- Darbee was 3rd in the 200 breaststroke with her finishing mark of 2:34.38.
- Chelsea Fenton finished 2nd in the 500 free with her time of 5:25.69.
- Sarah Thompson was 2nd in the 100 fly with a mark of 1:02.57.
- Elizabeth Caird was 1st in the 3 meter diving with her total of 249.60 points.
- Sidney Shipps was 2nd in the 400 IM after finishing with a time of 4:50.17. Darbee was close in 3rd with a 4:50.24.
- In the 200 freestyle relay, the Cards were 2nd with a time of 1:42.52 for Fenneuff, Stewart, McDowell and Shipps.
From Head Coach Bruce Zimmerman
"Although the team got handled by a very strong Northern Michigan team, it was still a good meet for the Cardinals. Of the three meets contested so far this season, this was the best team showing so far with several improved performances turned in by a large number of team members. The fall semester of competition is rapidly coming to a close with just two big meets left on the fall calendar. We are expecting some improved performances in the meet against Valparaiso in two weeks and some really fast swimming and sharp diving at the Wabash Invitational just before the Thanksgiving break."
Saginaw Valley returns to the pool on Saturday, November 16, when the team hits the road and competes at Valparaiso. The first event for that matchup is set for 2:00 p.m.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---