FINDLAY, Ohio -- The SVSU Swimming & Diving teams were on the road Saturday (Oct. 19), traveling to compete at the University of Findlay. In what was a close all-around matchup for the Cardinals and Oilers, SVSU claimed the win on the men's side by a 169-124 score while Findlay was victorious on the women's side, 173-123.
Saginaw Valley had plenty of victories in the dual match with the Oilers, helping lead to the solid performances across the board for the teams.
- Sydney Shipps was victorious in the 1,000 freestyle, turning in a time of 10:56.36. Teammate Chelsea Fenton was right behind in second at 11:05.54.
- In the 200 butterfly, Kimble Darbee touched the board in a final time of 2:15.23 for the victory.
- Elizabeth Caird took 1st in the 1 meter diving event, finishing with 250.30 points. She added a win in the 3 meter event as well with 254.80 points.
- Erin McDowell cliamed the 1st place spot in the 200 backstroke, finishing with a mark of 2:13.36.
- Pedro Rezende took 1st on the men's side in the 1,000 free, finishing with a mark of 10:06.28. William Ely and Alexander Piper were second and third behind Rezende, respectively.
- In the 200 yard freestyle, Jayden Hutchinson took the top spot with a time of 1:46.41.
- Brody Ross took 1st in the 200 fly on the men's side with a mark of 2:03.44, leading a trio of Cardinals to the top spots in the race. Evan Lindquist and Ryan Langdon were right behind him in 2nd and 3rd, respectively.
- Kyle Amick turned in a 1st place showing in the 50 free, posting a time of 21.81 for the Cards. He added a win in the 100 free as well with a time of 47.55, just ahead of Hutchinson.
- In the 1 meter diving event, Justin Ott claimed the top spot with 283.00 points. He added a 1st place showing in the 3 meter as well with 264.40 points.
- Jared Caudill was 1st in the 200 breaststroke with a time of 2:13.96, finishing just ahead of Juan-Luke Hamilton for the Cardinals. Caudill added a 1st place finish in the 200 IM with a mark of 2:02.62.
- Rezende was 1st in the 500 free as well with a mark of 4:54.91, leading an SVSU trio with Isaac Inman and William Ely finishing 2nd and 3rd in the race also.
- The men's 400 freestyle relay took 1st place with a time of 3:13.06, as Lindquist, Hutchinson, Cameron Whitfield and Amick teamed-up for the win in that race.
SVSU hosts Northern Michigan University on Saturday, Nov. 2 at 11:00 a.m. at the Gerstacker Regional Aquatic Center.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---