Men - Saginaw Valley State 147.00 - Kalamazoo College 66.00, Saginaw Valley State 145.00 - Hope College 32.00
Women - Saginaw Valley State 154.00 - Kalamazoo College 89.00, Saginaw Valley State 189.00, Hope College 6.00
UNIVERSITY CENTER -- The Saginaw Valley State University Swimming & Diving teams opened their season today as they were host to Kalamazoo College and Hope College. The victories by the Cardinals were anchored by many top finishes and the first place showings are listed below.
- 1000 Freestyle - Sydney Shipps | 10:55.93
- 200 Freestyle - Sydney Shipps | 1:59.51
- 200 IM - Kimble Darbee | 2:15.49
- 1 Meter Diving - Elizabeth Caird | 251.30 points
- 100 Butterfly - Kimble Darbee | 1:00.93
- 100 Freestyle - Natasha Girgen | 54.58
- 100 Backstroke - Erin McDowell | 1:01.47
- 500 Freestyle - Sydney Shipps | 5:21.36
- 3 Meter Diving - Elizabeth Caird | 254.45 points
- 100 Breaststroke - Lisette Fenneuff | 1:09.44
- 200 Medley Relay - Parker Jones, Juan-Luke Hamilton, Ryan Langdon, Sanders Modglin | 1:37.95
- 1000 Freestyle - | 10:07.66
- 200 Freestyle - Jayden Hutchinson | 1:46.41
- 50 Freestyle - Kyle Amick | 21.56
- 200 IM - Jared Caudill | 2:03.03
- 100 Butterfly - Evan Lindquist | 53.34
- 100 Freestyle - Jayden Hutchinson | 47.90
- 100 Backstroke - Mason Hooker | 54.31
- 500 Freestyle - Pedro Martins Rezende | 4:57.27
- 100 Breaststroke - Grant Anger | 1:02.80
From Head Coach Bruce Zimmerman...
"It was a good first meet of the season for the Swimming & Diving Cardinals. The freshman were very impressive in their collegiate debut with many of them swimming in season best times. The women did a great job withstanding and early challenge from Kalamazoo but in the end the talent of the team prevailed and the Cardinal men were completely dominant throughout the meet. The coaches saw some things that will need to be worked on as we prepare for a much tougher meet against rival Findlay University on October 19th."
Saginaw Valley is on the road again as they take on Findlay University Saturday (Oct. 19) set for a 2 p.m. start.