CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The SVSU Swimming & Diving teams rounded-out their weekend competition at the 2019 GLIAC Championships at Cleveland State University. On the Women's side, Saginaw Valley finished in fourth place with a total of 383 points while the Men finished in sixth with a tally of 220 points.
- In the 1,650 freestyle, Alexandra Davis finished 3rd with her time of 17:16.96 while Sydney Shipps was 8th with a mark of 17:38.89.
- Amanda Thielen registered a 7th place finish in the 200 backstroke, touching the board in a time of 2:03.60.Erin McDowell was in the B finals, finishing 14th with her mark of 2:06.64.
- In the 200 breast, Lydia Mattar ended up with a 5th place showing after her time of 2:20.79. Teammate Kimble Darbee finished 15th in the event, posting a mark of 2:28.64.
- Elizabeth Caird finished 5th in the three meter diving event, registering 428.70 points.
- The 400 free relay squad finished 4th with their time of 3:33.67, as Thielen, Davis, Shipps and Taylor Grashuis made up that team.
- Pedro Rezende finished 8th in the 1,650 freestyle with a time of 16:02.50. Mason Hooker was in the B finals as well, ending up 16th with a time of 16:33.39.
- Nick Berens competed in the B finals of the 200 back and was 15th overall with his time of 1:55.93.
- Jared Caudill finished the 200 breaststroke with a 12th place showing, turning in a time of 2:06.76.
There will be an opportunity for Cardinals to compete at last chance qualifying meets in an attempt to move on to the 2019 NCAA Division II National Championships. Stay tuned to www.svsucardinals.com for further details.
@svsuswim_dive | #svsuswim | @svsuathletics | #BeaksUp
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---