Men - NMU 236, SVSU 57 | GVSU 204, SVSU 76
Women - NMU 200, SVSU 95 | GVSU 214, SVSU 84
MARQUETTE -- The SVSU Swimming & Diving teams traveled to Marquette to compete in a triangular meet versus a pair of top teams in the GLIAC in Northern Michigan University and Grand Valley State University. Despite some solid efforts, the Cardinals fell to both the Wildcats and Lakers on both ends.
- 50 Freestyle - Alexa Bloom was the top finisher with her time of 24.74. She added a 3rd place showing in the 100 Free with a time of 53.74 seconds and a runner-up in the 100 butterfly with a time of 57.71.
- 100 Breaststroke - Lydia Mattar was the runner-up with a time of 1:06.45. Mattar was 2nd in the 200 breast as well, touching the board in a time of 2:23.31. She added a 3rd place showing in the 200 IM after finishing in a time of 2:12.84.
- 1,000 Freestyle - Sydney Shipps finished 3rd with a time of 10:39.85. She added a 4th place finish in the 200 Freestyle with a 1:58.43 and a 5th in the 500 free with a time of 5:17.11.
- 100 Backstroke - Erin McDowell was 5th after touching the board with a time of 1:00.56.
- 200 Butterfly - Kimble Darbee finished in 6th place with a time of 2:19.49.
- 1 Meter Dive - Elizabeth Caird finished 5th with a showing of 221.70 points. She was 7th in the 3 meter dive with a 211.60 poin total.
- 200 Backstroke - Amanda Thielen finished in 5th with her mark of 2:12.32.
- 400 Freestyle Relay - Sarah Luciani, Aaryn Jewell, Hailey Stewart and McDowell finished 4th with a time of 3:46.52.
- 200 Medley Relay - Thielen, Mattar, Darbee and Bloom were 4th with a time of 1:50.43.
- 3 Meter Dive - Justin Ott finished 1st in the event with a total of 255.05 points. He was 2nd in the 1 meter dive with a total of 210.15 points.
- 1,000 Freestyle - Pedro Rezende was in 4th place with a mark of 9:50.83.
- 200 Freestyle - Peter Lin finished 6th with a time of 1:46.43. He another 6th place finish in the 500 free with a time of 4:49.01. He was 8th in the 200 IM with a time of 2:00.81
- 100 Backstroke - Dalton Pokley finished 7th with a time of 54:76.
- 100 Breaststroke - Jared Caudill posted a 7th place finish with his time of 1:02.44. He was 6th in the 200 breast with a mark of 2:13.97.
- 200 Butterfly - Jayden Hutchinson and Connor Henning were 5th and 6th with times of 1:58.76 and 2:00.15, respectively. Hutchinson added a 7th place finish in the 500 free with a 4:49.30.
- 50 Freestyle - Cameron Whitfield and Dylan Kopacki finished 6th and 7th with their respective times of 22.28 and 22.31. Kopacki also was 5th in the 100 butterfly with a mark of 53.00 seconds.
- 100 Freestyle - Zachary Rychel was 9th with his mark of 48.57 seconds.
- 200 Backstroke - Philip Billiu finished 6th with his time of 2:00.28.
- 400 Freestyle Relay - Michael Spears, Drew Hinckley, Sanders Modglin and Rychel were 5th with a time of 3:16.94.
- 200 Medley Relay - Pokley, Modglin, Spears and Kopacki finished 5th with a time of 1:38.64.
From Head Coach Bruce Zimmerman
"The meet was a mixed bag of results. We had some strong swims and improved performances, along with some sub-par performances. This meet really showed us how much work still needs to be done in order to compete with the best in the GLIAC."
The Cardinals return to the pool at home on Saturday (Nov. 10) when they host the Davenport University women and Valparaiso's men and women. The first event is slated to begin at 2:00 p.m. at SVSU's Gerstacker Regional Aquatic Center.
@svsuswim_dive | #svsuswimdive | @svsuathletics | #BeaksUp
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---