UNIVERSITY CENTER -- The Cardinal Swimming & Diving teams hosted the University of Findlay Oilers on Saturday (Oct. 27) afternoon in a dual meet. The teams remained undefeated on the season, with the men registering a 182-114 win while the women pulled-out a narrow 147-141 decision over the Oilers.
The Cardinals had plenty of standout performances in the victories, listed below...
- 200 Medley Relay | 2nd | 1:49.16 | Amanda Thielen, Lydia Mattar, Kimble Darbee, Alexa Bloom
- 1,650 Freestyle | 1st | 17:55.20 | Sydney Shipps | 3rd | 18:54.46 | Alicia Sobell
- 200 Freestyle | 2nd | 1:58.48 | Alexandra Davis | 3rd | 1:58.61 | Taylor Grashuis
- 100 Backstroke | 2nd | 59.45 | Amanda Thielen | 3rd | 1:00.84 | Eric McDowell
- 100 Breaststroke | 2nd | 1:05.89 | Lydia Mattar
- 200 Butterfly | 1st | 2:11.94 | Alexa Bloom
- 50 Freestyle | 2nd | 25.51 | Hailey Stewart
- 1 Meter Diving | 1st | 229.90 | Elizabeth Caird
- 3 Meter Diving | 1st | 226.00 | Elizabeth Caird
- 100 Freestyle | 2nd | 53.04 | Alexa Bloom
- 200 Backstroke | 1st | 2:10.29 | Amanda Thielen | 2nd | 2:12.60 | Erin McDowell
- 200 Breaststroke | 1st | 2:23.69 | Lydia Mattar | 3rd | 2:30.34 | Emma Cornell
- 500 Freestyle | 2nd | 5:16.05 | Alexandra Davis | 3rd | 5:17.41 | Sydney Shipps
- 100 Butterfly | 1st | 58.26 | Alexa Bloom
- 400 IM | 1st | 4:42.72 | Lydia Mattar | 2nd | 4:44.95 | Sydney Shipps
- 400 Freestyle Relay | 2nd | 3:39.81 | Amanda Thielen, Taylor Grashuis, Emma Cornell, Alexandra Davis
- 200 Medley Relay | 1st | 1:37.23 | Nick Berens, Sanders Modglin, Michael Spears, Dylan Kopacki
- 1,650 Freestyle | 1st | 16:48.94 | Pedro Rezende | 2nd | 17:23.57 | Mason Hooker | 3rd | 17:38.30 | Frederich Schulz
- 200 Freestyle | 1st | 1:45.44 | Jayden Hutchinson | 2nd | 1:46.05 | Peter Lin | 3rd | 1:48.72 | Zachary Rychel
- 100 Backstroke | 2nd | 53.68 | Dalton Pokley
- 100 Breaststroke | 2nd | 1:01.69 | Sanders Modglin
- 200 Butterfly | 1st | 1:59.03 | Connor Henning
- 50 Freestyle | 1st | 21.88 | Dylan Kopacki | 3rd | 22.50 | Cameron Whitfield
- 1 Meter Diving | 1st | 232.95 | Justin Ott
- 3 Meter Diving | 1st | 291.10 | Justin Ott
- 100 Freestyle | 1st | 48.10 | Zachary Rychel
- 200 Backstroke | 3rd | 2:00.85 | Connor Henning
- 200 Breaststroke | 1st | 2:15.92 | Jared Caudill
- 500 Freestyle | 1st | 4:51.42 | Peter Lin | 2nd | 4:53.03 | Mason Hooker | 3rd | 5:00.95 | Frederich Schulz
- 100 Butterfly | 1st | 52.76 | Dylan Kopacki | 2nd | 52.83 | Michael Spears
- 400 IM | 2nd | 4:22.09 | Jayden Hutchinson | 3rd | 4:26.19 | Pedro Rezende
- 400 Freestyle Relay | 2nd | 3:14.44 | Ryan Langdon, Zachary Rychel, Sanders Modglin, Peter Lin | 3rd | 3:19.34 | Stephen Sterlitz, Dylan Kopacki, Cameron Whitfield, Michael Spears.
From Head Coach Bruce Zimmerman
"What a meet! The men's meet was a hard fought competition and the men's team was strong throughout. In most events the men dominated the Findlay swimmers and divers. The women's meet was a nail biter that went down to the very end with either team in a position to come out on top. At the first diving break the SVSU women were in a pretty deep hole. The team showed some amazing character and grit and clawed their way back into contention event by event to ultimately pull out a 6 point win against the 20th ranked Division II women's team in the country. I could not be more proud of the way the entire team faced a tough team in a highly competitive meet. It was a great way to begin the tougher portion of our fall meet schedule!"
Saginaw Valley returns to the pool on Saturday (Nov. 3) when they travel to Marquette, Michigan to face a pair of tough GLIAC programs in Northern Michigan and Grand Valley State. The meet is slated to begin at 12:30 p.m.
@svsuswim_dive | #svsuswimdive | @svsuathletics | #BeaksUp
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---