BAY CITY, Mich. - The SVSU swimming & diving programs hosted the third day of competition for the 2017 GLIAC Championships, held at the Gerstacker Regional Aquatic Center. Both teams remain in fourth place in the overall standings after Thursday, with the women sitting at 224 points and the men 167 points.
- Alexandra Davis represented SVSU in the 'A' Final of the 500 Freestyle. She finished in 7th place with a time of 5:05.76, registering for the NCAA Championships 'B' cut
- Amanda Thielen competed for the Cardinals in the 100 Backstroke 'A' Final, where she took home 4th place with a time of 56.72 seconds. Her time is now eligible for the NCAA Championships 'B' cut.
- Lydia Mattar was the 3rd place finisher in the 100 Breast. She raced to a time of 1:02.83 in the 'A' Final, securing 16 points for the Cardinals. She also qualified in the 'B' cut for the NCAA Championships.
- In the 200 Fly 'A' Final, the Cardinals earned points from Rebeca Martinez's 4th place result. She completed the race in 2:05.24.
- Martinez teamed with Thielen, Davis and Taylor Grashuis for the 'A' Final in the 800 Free. SVSU finished in fifth place with a time of 7:44.42.
- Jayden Hutchinson and Peter Lin scored points for the Cardinals in the 'B' Finals of the 599 Free. Hutchinson and Yap finished with times of 4:40.74 and 4:44.18, respectively.
- Dalton Pokley represented SVSU in the 100 Back 'B' Final with a time of 51.08. He competed alongside Nick Berens, who also finished in the 'B' final in 51.84 seconds.
- Shaun Yap secured a 3rd place finish in the 'A' Final of the 100 Breaststroke, clocking in at 54.14 to make the medal stand and making the NCAA 'B' time for the event.
- Tyler Miller and Shijie Ng also scored points for SVSU in the 100 Breast 'B' Final. Miller swam to a time of 57.49, with Ng hitting the touch panel in 57.74 seconds.
- Pokley, Connor Henning and Michael Spears all earned points for SVSU in the 200 Fly 'B' Final. Spears finished in 1:53.41 while Pokley and Henning posted times of 1:54.03 and 1:54.10, respectively.
Saginaw Valley continues on with the 2017 GLIAC Swimming & Diving Championship, hosted by the Cardinals at the Gerstacker Regional Aquatic Center. Events begin at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday.
@SVSUSwim_Dive | #svsuswim | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU