The Cardinals fell 9-1 in five innings in the opener and were edged 3-1 the second game. The losses drop SVSU to 29-15 overall and 15-6 in the GLIAC.
Game One Breakdown:
- The Cardinals scored the opening run of the game on a Sara Moos single in the first to score Sarah Gersch.
- Davenport scored the final nine runs of the game, including five in the bottom of the first.
- The Panthers closed the contest with a pair of home runs in the fifth including a walk-off, two-run shot from Brooke Cowan.
- Emily Depew (11-8) got the start on the mound and was charged with the loss, allowing five runs on two hits, walking four and striking out three in one inning of work.
- Jaclyn Groves pitched the final three innings, allowing four runs, three earned, on six hits, striking out one.
- Gersch had the lone extra-base hit for the Cardinals with a double.
Game Two Breakdown:
- The Panthers hit a pair of solo home runs in the second and added a run in the third to take a 3-0 lead.
- SVSU got on the board with an RBI single from Julia Salisbury in the sixth to score Gersch, but the Panthers closed the door the rest of the way.
- Julia Mundy (10-4) pitched all six innings for the Cardinals, allowing three runs on 12 hits, striking out three.
The Cardinals host the final home doubleheader of the season on Alumni Day against Grand Valley State University, starting at 1 pm on Sunday at the SVSU Softball Complex.