UNIVERSITY CENTER, Mich. – The No. 9 Saginaw Valley State University men's soccer team continued to roll through Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference play with a second-straight shutout, topping St. Cloud State University on Sunday.
Leading 1-0 at the half, the Cardinals scored two more quickly following the break to pull away from the Huskies for the win. The victory pushes SVSU to 7-0-1 overall and 4-0-0 in the GLIAC.
How it Happened:
- Jayden Cameron scored his second goal of the season in the 26th minute on an assist from Jonathan Monney to give the Cardinals the 1-0 lead.
- The score remained the same until the break.
- Monney, the NCAA DII leading scorer, netted his 10th goal of the season in the 55th minute to double the Cardinal lead. Anthony Waller was credited with the assist.
- Just over a minute later, SVSU scored again, with Cody Miller scoring his second of the year on an assist from Joshua Rubin.
Inside the Box Score:
- Nick Kay recorded his second consecutive shutout of the weekend, making one save in net for the Cardinals.
- SVSU outshot SCSU 11-7 overall, also leading in corner kicks 6-3.
- Cameron recorded a team-high three shots for SVSU.
The Cardinals hit the road for the first time in GLIAC play this season, starting against Northern Michigan University at 3 pm on Friday in Marquette, Mich.