UNIVERSITY CENTER, Mich. – In just over 11 minutes during the first half, the No. 13 Saginaw Valley State University men's soccer team scored four goals against Davenport University in a GLIAC matchup on Sunday at the SVSU IM Field.
The Panthers chipped away with two goals in the second half, but the Cardinals held on for the 4-2 win, moving to 5-0-1 overall and 2-0-0 in the GLIAC.
How it Happened:
- Robbie Baker got the scoring started with a goal in the 31st minute on a feed from Brady Walker.
- Jonathan Monney put home two goals, his seventh and eighth of the season, in less than four minutes to stretch the lead to 3-0.
- Baker and Anthony Waller each picked up assists on the Monney goals.
- Waller scored his first of the year just before the half to send SVSU to the break up 4-0.
- Davenport was able to score twice in the second half, with goals from Eoin Broughan Matt Whelan.
Inside the Box Score:
- Davenport outshot SVSU 20-10, while the Cardinals held a 6-5 advantage in corner kicks.
- Jack Simms (5-0-1) made 10 saves in the net for the Cardinals to ear the win.
The Cardinals remain home to host Upper Iowa University at 12 pm on Friday at the SVSU IM Field.