UNIVERSITY CENTER -- The Cardinal Men's Soccer team posted its fourth shutout of the 2018 season on Friday (Sep. 28) afternoon, defeating the Northwood University Timberwolves by a final score of 2-0 at SVSU's Braddock Field.
Liadi got the scoring started at the 4:12 marker, using a feed from Joe Wright through the middle of the defense to give the home squad a 1-0 lead.
That score carried over into the halftime break, with SV posting seven shots to Northwood's one.
Ortiz's score came with 74:25 passed in the contest, as he found a loose ball off a NU defender's foot in front of the net and stuffed it home to make the count and final score 2-0.
Seven more shots came SVSU's way in the second half and Northwood had a pair, giving the Cardinals a 14-3 overall edge.
Inside the Boxscore
- SVSU had four shots on goal, with Liadi, Ortiz, Michael Shaikly and Liam Travers all collecting one.
- Lukas Betz (4-1-1) got the win in goal as part of a solid defensive effort once again.
- Liadi's goal was his second of the season, as was the case with Ortiz's goal as well.
- Wright's helper was the first point in his collegiate career.
- The victory over Northwood marks the third straight for SVSU.
From Head Coach Andy Wagstaff
The Cardinals remain home on Sunday, hosting No. 21 Northern Michigan University at Braddock Field. First kick is set for 2:30 p.m.
@SVSUsoccer | #svsumsoc | @svsuathletics | #BeaksUp
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---