UNIVERSITY CENTER -- The SVSU Cardinal men's soccer team opened play for homecoming weekend on Friday (Oct. 13) with a decisive 4-0 victory over the Purdue Northwest Pride at Braddock Field.
The Cardinals were dominant throughout the contest, posting a 28-6 shot advantage throughout while allowing just three shots (1 on goal) for the Pride.
- The game's first goal came when Oakley Hanger put a nice cross in front of the net, finished by Alex Gloshen at the 11' mark.
- Griffin Parks had the team's next goal, heading one past the goalkeeper right after entering the match after a nice pass from Alberto Teatin at the 35' marker.
- Just over three minutes into the second half, Jake Rosen headed one ahead to Michael Hamilton behind the Pride defense and he finished to give the Cards a 3-0 edge at the 49' point.
- The final goal came at the 77' marker, as Chris Jacovou had a short cross to Nick Wright, who had an empty net in front of him for the easy score.
Inside the Boxscore
- Gloshen, Parks and Wright all scored their first goals of the season for Saginaw Valley.
- Hanger now has three assists on the season.
- Teatin's helper gives him three on the season as well.
- Rosen notched his first point of the season with his assist.
- Jacovou now has two assists to go with his two scores for 2017.
- Connor Keane (9-2-1) stopped the only shot on goal he faced throughout the match.
- SV had eight corner kicks in the match compared to one for the Pride.
- Saginaw Valley now has five shutouts on the season.
Postgame Interview - Andy Wagstaff
The Cardinals host Tiffin University on Sunday (Oct. 15) at 2:30 p.m. in another league contest. The teams played to a 2-2 draw earlier this season on Sep. 22 in Tiffin.
@SVSUsoccer | #svsumsoc | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---