UNIVERSITY CENTER -- Competing in another GLIAC match, the SVSU Men's Soccer team hosted the Northern Michigan University Wildcats on Sunday (Oct. 8) in the second matchup of the season between the teams. After the Wildcats struck for a first half goal just over 20 minutes in, the Cardinals responded with three unanswered goals to claim a 3-1 win at Braddock Field.
NMU got a goal from Kevin Hoof at the 23' mark to take the 1-0 lead.
The third goal for the Cards came off the foot of Connor Rutz, who used a Hanger pass to make the score 3-1 at the 86' point. That's what the final score would prove to be.
Inside the Boxscore
- Hanger's goal was his first of the 2017 season and second of his career. He has two assists this season as well.
- Hamilton now has three goals on the season and after his second half score.
- Wilson has four assists now for the Cardinals.
- Shaikly recorded his first helper of the season with the assist.
- Rutz's goal puts him in the team lead with six. That ranks him third in the league as well.
- Connor Keane (8-2-1) made three saves and allowed one goal in his 90 minutes of action.
From Head Coach Andy Wagstaff
Saginaw Valley hosts another pair of GLIAC matches this upcoming weekend, beginning Friday (Oct. 13) with a match against Purdue Northwest. First kick is set for 2:30 p.m. at SVSU's Braddock Field.
@SVSUsoccer | #svsumsoc | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---