Score: Saginaw Valley 5, Ohio Dominican 1
Records: SVSU (3-2, 1-2 GLIAC) | ODU (2-2, 2-1 GLIAC)
Location: Braddock Field - University Center, Mich.
UNIVERSITY CENTER, Mich. - The SVSU men's soccer team returned home to Braddock Field for a home matchup against the Ohio Dominican Panthers. The Cardinals got back to their winning ways, scoring a 5-1 victory over the Panthers in GLIAC action on Friday (Sep. 16) afternoon.
Saginaw Valley got its first goal from Andrew Dalou (8') off a Tyler Stephens assist and took a 2-0 lead at the 37th minute when Matt Wilson found the back of the net after a header pass from Alberto Gangutia.
The Panthers cut the deficit to 3-1 at the 52' marker when Tanner Ebright scored an unassisted goal.
Wilson put one past the goalkeeper again at the 78' point, pushing the lead to 4-1 with the score. He would find Dalou within the last minute at the 89' marker as well, closing out the contest with a 5-1 edge.
Inside the Boxscore
- Saginaw Valley held an 18-8 advantage in shots.
- Wilson's two goals give him three on the season. He now has that same amount of assists for a team-best nine points.
- Dalou's two scores were the first of the 2016 campaign for him.
- Green notched his third goal in the contest, tying him for the team lead with Wilson.
- Stephens and Gangutia each recorded their first point of the season with their helpers.
- Connor Keane (3-2-0) made three saves of the four shots on goal to pick up the victory in his 90 minutes between the posts.
The Cardinals return to action at Braddock Field on Sunday (Sep. 18) in a 2:30 p.m. match against the Ashland Eagles. The Eagles are coming off a 3-0 loss at Northwood and are 2-2 overall, 1-2 in the GLIAC in their first season re-starting the program.