Score: #19 Saginaw Valley State 3 - Ohio Dominican 1
Records: SVSU (11-2-0, 9-1-0 GLIAC) | ODU (0-10-2, 0-9-2 GLIAC)
Location: Braddock Field - University Center, Mich.
UNIVERSITY CENTER - The Saginaw Valley State University men's soccer team posted a 3-1 victory over the Ohio Dominican Panthers on Friday afternoon in a home GLIAC matchup at Braddock Field.
Channell would get in on the action at the 25:17 marker of the first half, scoring a goal of his own off an assist by Matt Wilson to push the lead out to 2-0.
That two goal advantage remained into the halftime break for the Cardinals.
Kalk would add another score for the Cards at the 52:34 mark in the second half, as he once again received a pass from Channell and connected on a goal to make the score 3-0.
Ohio Dominican's Ryan Kasprzak scored a goal for the visitors at the 55:45 marker, cutting the lead to 3-1 off a feed from Austin Blair.
That's what the final score would read as time expired on the game clock.
Inside the Boxscore
- Kalk's two goals give him 17 on the season. That mark ties the single season record in just 13 contests. Zach Myers had 17 goals in 2012 after playing in 25 matches.
- Channell's goal gives him 15 on the season and his two assist puts his tally at 13 for the season. He continues to tack-on to his single season and career points records.
- Wilson's assist on the Channell goal gives him nine helpers for the season. That figure trails only Channell in the GLIAC.
- Channell (43), Kalk (37) and Wilson (21) all rank within the top-four in the GLIAC in points.
- Alexandre Bouillennec (11-1-0) got the win between the posts, stopping one shot while allowing a goal in 90 minutes of action.
- The Cardinals took 20 shots and held the Panthers to just five total. SVSU owned the shots on goal category as well, 9-2.
From SVSU Head Coach Andy Wagstaff
Up Next for the Cardinals...
Saginaw Valley hosts the Lake Erie Storm (5-6-1, 5-4-1) in a 2:30 p.m. GLIAC contest on Sunday (Oct. 18) at Braddock Field. The teams met earlier this season on October 2nd, with Lake Erie prevailing by a score of 3-2 at home. The Storm are coming off a 2-0 loss at Northwood on Friday.