Score: Saginaw Valley State 9 - Malone 0
Records: SVSU (10-2-0, 8-1-0 GLIAC) | Malone (3-8-0, 3-6-0 GLIAC)
Location: Pioneer Soccer Field - Canton, Ohio
CANTON, Ohio - The Saginaw Valley State University men's soccer team notched its 10th victory of the 2015 season after posting a 9-0 shutout on the road over the Malone University Pioneers Sunday afternoon.
Jordan Kalk posted his second hat trick in as many matches on the weekend and his third of the season to lead the Cardinals. Kalk added an assist in SVSU's second shutout over the Pioneers for the season.
Aleksandar Isaevski scored the team's first goal and that was followed by a pair of Kalk goals and others from Matt Wilson and Griffin Parks, giving the visitors a 5-0 lead heading into the halftime break.
Michael Winters added a goal in the second half, which was joined by a pair of Tyler Channell goals and another Kalk score. That made the score 9-0, which is what the final would remain when the final seconds ticked off the clock.
Inside the Boxscore
- The three goals scored by Kalk gave him six on the weekend, as he had a hat trick at Walsh on Friday night. He added an assist in the match as well.
- Channell's two goals and an assist in the contest gave him 39 for the season, breaking Zach Myers' record of 36 which he had in the 2012 season.
- Isaevski had a goal and assist in the match while Andrew Dalou had a pair of assists.
- Winters had a goal and an assist in the victory for SVSU.
- Alberto Gangutia and Matt Davis added helpers for the Cardinals in the shutout affair.
- Alexandre Bouillennec improved to 10-1-0 on the season after making three saves in 90 minutes between the posts, picking up his third shutout of the season.
From SVSU Head Coach Andy Wagstaff
Up Next for the Cardinals...
Saginaw Valley returns home to host the Ohio Dominican Panthers on Friday (Oct. 16) in a 3:30 p.m. contest. The match is the second of an SVSU doubleheader at Braddock Field. The Cardinals defeated the Panthers 6-0 earlier this season in Columbus.