The Cardinals were outscored by nine in the second half as the Pride pulled away late for the 91-82 win. The loss drops SVSU to 11-6 overall and 5-4 in the GLIAC.
How it Happened:
- The teams traded baskets early, but PNW was able to build a 13-7 lead six minutes in with a layup from Kai Steinman.
- Freddie McIntosh hit a jumper to give the Cardinals a 21-20 lead, but the Pride answered right back with a 3-pointer to go back in front with just under 10 minutes to play in the first half.
- PNW jumped out to a 34-25 lead before the Cardinals closed the half on a 10-1 run to tie the score at the break.
- The Cardinals went down 50-43 five minutes into the second half.
- SVSU was able to cut the deficit to three on a layup from Tyler Witz with 13 to go.
- Darnell Hoskins Jr. cut the PNW advantage to 68-65 with a 3-pointer with 5:21 left.
- The Pride remained in front the rest of the way, answering each Cardinal basket, including a big 3-pointer from Sangolay Njie with under two minutes to go.
Inside the Box Score:
- The two-time reigning GLIAC Player of the Week Darnell Hoskins Jr. led the Cardinals with 26 points on 8-of-15 shooting, including six 3-pointers.
- Tyler Witz added 16 points and six rebounds.
- Freddie McIntosh finished with 14 points, while James Toohey recorded 11 points and seven rebounds.
- The Cardinals shot 29-of-73 from the field, 9-of-22 from deep, and 15-of-19 from the line. SVSU outrebounded PNW 44-37.
- Sangolay Njie led the Pride with 22 points and six rebounds.
SVSU remains on the road to take on the University of Wisconsin-Parkside at 4 pm (EST) on Saturday in Kenosha, Wis.