ANN ARBOR -- The Cardinal Men's Basketball team hit the road on Friday (Nov. 1) night for its third and final exhibition game of the preseason at the University of Michigan. The Wolverines came out on top in the end, posting an 82-51 win over Saginaw Valley at the Crisler Center.
The Cards got a game-high 20 points from sophomore guard Myles Belyeu, who added a team-high eight rebounds and team-best three assists as well.
After trailing big early on, the Cardinals worked their way back and trimmed the deficit to just two points at 31-29 when Belyeu hit a driving layup in the paint.
Michigan would go on a 10-0 run, however, to close out the first half and carry a 41-29 lead into the break.
The home team added another 41 points in the second half as well, holding SVSU to just 22 over the final 20 minutes to seal the 31-point win at 82-51.
Inside the Boxscore
- Belyeu was named the Meijer "Player of the Game" for his effort versus the Wolverines.
- Fred John Jr. added 12 points on 6-of-10 shooting with seven boards.
- Michigan shot 41.0% (25-61) from the floor while the Cards shot at a 35.4% (23-65) clip.
- SVSU posted a 32-26 advantage in points in the paint while the Wolverines posted a narrow 44-40 edge on the glass.
- SVSU had 20 turnovers compared to 11 for Michigan.
- The Wolverine bench outscored the SVSU bench by a 29-12 margin.
SVSU gets its regular season underway on the road at Bellarmine University for the 2019 GLIAC/GLVC Challenge. The Cards face Indianapolis on Friday (Nov. 8) before facing Bellarmine on Saturday. You can follow the action live at svsucardinals.com.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---