UNIVERSITY CENTER -- The SVSU Men's Basketball team had another impressive performance on Saturday (Feb. 10) night, defeating the Northern Michigan University Wildcats by a final score of 92-66 at James E. O'Neill Jr. Arena.
Four Cardinals scored in double figures, led by Mike Wells Jr., who went-off for 28 points in his 31 minutes of action. SVSU got a career-high 16 points from Liam Evans as well, as he scored all of his points in a stellar first half performance.
The Cards set the pace early, building a double digit lead at the 13:23 marker when DJ Hoskins made a trio of free throws to put the score at 20-8. The lead reached 20 points when Wells hit a three-pointer with 37 seconds left in the opening half to make the score 45-25.
The Wildcats hit a triple before the closing seconds of the half, putting Saginaw Valley ahead 45-28 as the teams entered the locker rooms.
The second half was equally as impressive for the Cards, as they outscored the Wildcats 47-38 in the final minutes of play. Saginaw Valley opened up a 27-point lead with 1:42 to play when it led by a score of 92-65 en route to the 26-point victory of 92-66.
The Cardinals' 92-point performance was their second straight 90-plus offensive output and third of the 2017-18 campaign.
Inside the Boxscore
- Wells earned Meijer "Player of the Game" plaudits for the second straight game, following up Thursday's career night with a game-high 28 points. He added five rebounds, four steals and a rebound as well for the home team.
- Evans registered a career-high 16 points, grabbing five boards with a pair of steals.
- Hoskins netted 15 points with a career-high six steals in the victory.
- Fred John Jr. added 10 points, adding six boards.
- James Toohey grabbed seven boards, adding five points, five assists and two steals.
- SVSU posted a 40-28 edge in points in the paint while holding a 24-16 advantage in bench points.
Postgame Interview - Cam Nichols
Saginaw Valley hosts Wayne State University on Thursday (Feb. 15) in the home finale of the regular season. Tip-off is slated for 8:00 p.m. The Warriors defeated the Cardinals earlier this season by a score of 74-47 on January 11.
@SVSU_MBB | #svsumbb | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---