ROMEOVILLE, Ill. - The SVSU Men's Basketball team traveled to play at regional opponent Lewis University on Saturday (Nov. 18) night. The Cardinals fell to the Flyers by a final score of 80-47.
The Cards worked their way out to a 9-3 lead at the 14:45 marker of the first half when Fred John Jr. made good on a free throw attempt.
Lewis tied it up with just under 13 minutes left to play in the frame and made it double-figures at 31-21 with with just over two minutes left.
The Flyers carried a 36-23 edge heading into the halftime break.
The home team continued to lead throughout the game, outscoring SVSU by a score of 44-24 in the final 20 minutes to come away with the 80-47 victory.
Inside the Boxscore
- DJ Hoskins had a team-high 11 points in his second career game for the Cards. He added two rebounds and two steals and was named the Meijer "Player of the Game."
- James Toohey had his first double-figure scoring game for SVSU. He had 10 points, adding three boards with an assist and steal.
- John had eight points with four rebounds and a steal.
- Jeremy Pung and Richie Roberts each grabbed a team-best five boards.
- Lewis shot 49.1% (26-53) from the floor while SV was just 26.3% (15-57)
- Lewis had a 40-33 edge on the glass and had a decisive 40-18 advantage in points in the paint.
The Cardinals host Grace Bible College on Wednesday (Nov. 22) in a non-conference contest. Tip-off is set for 7:00 p.m. in O'Neill Arena.
@SVSU_MBB | #svsumbb | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---