Score: Indianapolis 100, Saginaw Valley 70
Records: UI (1-1) | SVSU (0-2)
Location: Nicoson Hall
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. -- The SVSU Men's Basketball team continued play on Saturday (Nov. 11) in the 2017 GLIAC/GLVC Challenge, facing the host University of Indianapolis. The Greyhounds held control throughout the contest, carrying a 20-point lead into the half and continuing on for a 30-point win, 100-70.
UIndy build a double-digit lead and held that throughout, leading by a 54-34 edge heading into the halftime break after shooting 60.0% from the floor in the opening 20 minutes.
Richie Roberts led the Cardinal offense in the first half, scoring 11 points on 4-5 shooting and 3-4 from three-point range.
The Hounds had another good offensive performance in the second half, outscoring SVSU by a 46-36 count in the final 20 minutes to preserve the victory.
Inside the Boxscore
- Indy shot 56.9% (33-58) from the floor in the game while the Cardinals were 39.3% (24-61).
- The Hounds were 25-27 from the foul line while SV was 14-23.
- The Cardinals out-rebounded Indy by a 35-32 margin.
- Indy posted a 42-22 advantage in points in the paint as well.
- Saginaw Valley's bench had another solid offensive output, outpacing the home team by a 52-40 margin on Saturday.
- John had a team-best 13 points and a game-high six boards. He added a game-high three steals and a block as well and was named the Meijer "Player of the Game."
- Roberts finished with a team-high 13 points as well.
- Biles had double-digits in scoring for the second straight night, posting 11 points.
- Sebastiano Lamonato matched John's team-high six rebounds, adding six points.
Saginaw Valley opens up its home slate for the 2017 season on Wednesday (Nov. 15), as the Cardinals play Olivet College. Tip-off is set for 7:00 p.m. at SV's James E. O'Neill Jr. Arena.
@SVSU_MBB | #svsumbb | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---