Score: Hillsdale 26, Saginaw Valley 0
Records: HC (3-6, 3-5 GLIAC) | SVSU (1-8, 1-7 GLIAC)
Location: Wickes Stadium - University Center, Mich.
UNIVERSITY CENTER, Mich. - The SVSU football team hosted the Hillsdale College Chargers on Saturday (Oct. 31) in a GLIAC North Division matchup at Wickes Stadium. The Chargers ran out to an early 13-0 lead in the game and would add another 13 in the second half, posting a 26-0 victory over the Cardinals.
Hillsdale's Joe Reverman scored on a one yard touchdown run at the 7:23 mark of the first quarter to take the 6-0 lead after the Cardinals blocked the extra point attempt.
The Chargers' Jack Wiseman would add a seven yard score at the 3:50 marker of the first frame to extend the lead to 13-0.
In the second half, Steven Mette would add field goals from 29 yards our and 38 yards out and Reverman added another score, this time from 16 yards out. Those scores pushed the lead out to 26-0, which is what the final count would prove to be.
Inside the Boxscore
- Hillsdale tallied 315 yards of total offense in comparison to just 105 for the Cardinals.
- Michael Alexander racked-up a game-high 13 tackles defensively.
- Matt McKoy also had 11 stops while Dwight Trammer and Bryan Jones each added 10.
- Dillon Dixon had 11 tackles and added an interception for the Cardinals. It was his first-career interception
- Reverman had 224 yards on 36 attempts for the visitors with a pair of scores.
Meijer "Player of the Game"
Dixon was named the Meijer "Player of the Game" after his 11 stops and interception.
Up Next for the SVSU...
Saginaw Valley returns to Wickes Stadium Saturday (Nov. 7) for a league game against the Ohio Dominican Panthers. The Panthers (6-3, 5-3 GLIAC) are coming off a 48-14 home victory over the Northwood University Timberwolves on Saturday afternoon.
@svsu_football | #svsufball