UNIVERSITY CENTER, Mich. -- The Saginaw Valley State University baseball team picked up an 11-3 non-conference victory over the University of Michigan-Dearborn on Tuesday afternoon.
The Cardinals are now 16-10 overall this season following the victory.
- SVSU got on the board right away in the bottom of the first inning after an RBI groundout by Hayden Jatczak scored Ethan Dufresne.
- The Cardinals posted six runs in the bottom of the second, capped off by Jatczak's two-run home run over the left-field fence and making the score 7-0.
- Jatczak picked up another RBI in the bottom of the fourth when he doubled home Dufresne.
- The Wolverines added three runs in the top of the fifth before SVSU added one run in the bottom of the seventh, and two more in the bottom of the eighth on their way to the win.
- Jatczak led SVSU with five RBIs, while Reed Raymond and Andrew Burke each added an RBI.
- On the mound JJ Arbini got the start, allowing three runs, five hits, and striking out three. Appearing in relief for the Cardinals were Chase Gruno (W, 2-1), Thomas Shipley, and Hunter Merillat.
The Cardinals will host Lawrence Tech University at 3:05 pm Wednesday from the SVSU Baseball Complex.