ROCHESTER, Mich. -- The Saginaw Valley State University baseball team fell to NCAA Division I Oakland University on Tuesday in Rochester, Mich. The Golden Grizzlies scored 12 runs in the first three innings en route to the 13-2 victory.
SVSU's record is now 12-9 overall.
- SVSU got on the board in the top of the first inning when Tucker Roe reached on a fielder's choice and Reed Raymond came across to score.
- Oakland responded with four runs in the bottom of the first, three in the second inning, and five more in the bottom of the third inning to take a 12-1 lead.
- In the bottom of the fifth, the Golden Grizzlies added one more run to their total following a wild pitch.
- The Cardinals got another run in the top of the eighth inning, when Jeffrey Reseigh hit a sacrifice fly and scored Roe.
- On the mound JJ Arbini got the start for SVSU, going 2.0 innings and recording two strikeouts. He was relieved by Kendall Anthes who went one inning before Chase Gruno came in for 2.0 innings. Also making an appearance on the mound for the Cardinals was Brandon Scheurer, Nolan Raymond, and Kameron Marnon.
SVSU will host Wisconsin-Parkside for a four-game GLIAC series beginning at 3:05 pm Friday from the SVSU Baseball Complex.