Tiffin, Ohio — The SVSU Baseball team secured the series split on Sunday (Mar.25) afternoon, with a 5-1 win over the Dragons. The Cardinals now head to a 15-8 overall record, 2-2 in GLIAC play. Tiffin falls to 2-2 in conference, 8-10 on the year.
Even with a scoreless first inning for both teams, SVSU notched three hits over TU's zero.
Tiffin's offense remained quiet until the bottom of the third where the batter grounded out to Clyde, adding one run to the scoreboard to knot up the contest, 1-1.
In the top of the eighth, Winters RBI single up the middle sent Quincy Jones to score and Saginaw Valley to go up 3-1. Sac fly from Clyde plated Mason Schwellenbach to finalize the inning count at 4-1.
To finish off the scoreboard for the Cardinals, Jordan Swiss's sac fly to center field brought Wilson around the plate to lead 5-1.
Inside the Box Score
- Jones was 3-5 with one run. He led the team with nine PO's, as well.
- Wilson added two hits with one double and one run. He was walked once, as well.
- Winters batted a .667 with one RBI and one run scored.
- Brandon Wise (3-2) took the win, working 6.2 innings, striking out four and walking one.
- Brian Feinauer pitched 1.1 innings, striking out two, facing four batters.
- Swiss finished out the day working one inning, with one strikeout and one walk.
The SVSU Baseball team will return home to face newly added conference member, Davenport University, in a four game series beginning Thursday (Mar. 29) afternoon. First pitch for the home opener is set for 4:30 p.m. at the SVSU Baseball Complex.
@SVSUBaseball | #svsubsb | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---